PDA

View Full Version : Princess Fantasy Faire~Info please

DangerMouse
08-28-2006, 01:00 PM
This event is listed on the October DCA schedule. Any details???

Malcon10t
08-28-2006, 01:13 PM
This event is listed on the October DCA schedule. Any details???Its listed in the Oct DL schedule.

nemdpa
08-28-2006, 01:21 PM
It looks like it will be taking over the Snow White Theater. It's going to be similar to Libby Lu at Downtown Disney and the Princess' will be available for pictures. There will also be a Coronation that I believe will be every hour. The girls will learn about being a princess and the boys will learn about being a knight.

bradk
08-28-2006, 01:23 PM
any resemblance to the prince cecil / princess cecilia show at WDW that's replacing the sword in the stone ceremony there?

hlbtimes2
08-28-2006, 01:26 PM
The last I read they would not be doing the makeovers, it will just be more of a meet and greet. They aparently have a problem getting proper water and sewer to the theater area. It will be interesting to see how the whole thing turns out.

my2lalas
09-07-2006, 01:20 PM
Does anyone know anything about this Princess Faire that is suppose to be at Disneyland soon? We will be there October 1-5th and Disney's calendar isn't showing it. Do you know when it is scheduled to begin?
Any info would be appreciated---Thanks!

nemdpa
09-07-2006, 02:27 PM
It will be where the Snow White musical was. It will be set up for kids to have interaction with the princess' and knights and a like a libby lu store. Unfortunately it begins Oct. 6. If you want more info there was a recent thread on this topic.

my2lalas
09-07-2006, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the info :)

Mamaprincesa
09-28-2006, 04:43 PM
Greetings all~
This is my first post, and I have to admit I have been facinated with reading everything for a while now. So thank you!
Well we are planning a trip to DL this fall, and I am trying to nail the dates, one of the dates possible is the date that the Princess Fantasy Faire begins according to the calendar (Nov.1). Does anyone know about this new event???? I have two little princesses, that would probably love it, but I am not sure if we should shift the vacation because of it. If we go in late Oct. we can catch fantasmic I believe.
Thank you so much in advance!!!

Mamaprincesa
:p

stan4d_steph
09-28-2006, 07:15 PM
Mod Note: threads merged.

hickorydickory
09-29-2006, 07:23 AM
I just pulled this from the disney website

Have a royal good time as Lords and Ladies of all ages are invited to join Disney Princesses and Princes at the Disney Princess Fantasy Faire. After exploring your creative side through dress-up, storytelling and crafts with Sir Elias, Lady Lillian and Royal Pages you're ready for your coronation - the crowning touch of this regal affair!

taingirlsmom
09-29-2006, 03:00 PM
Is there an end date listed anywhere? We aren't going until Feb. and I think this may be ideal for my girls.

higcat
10-06-2006, 12:38 PM
I've seen this advertised on the Disney site, unfortunately it doesn't say when it is scheduled to start? Does anyone know? If it's already going, has anyone been and enjoyed? Sounds great for the kids. Thanks:)

cardfrek
10-06-2006, 06:00 PM
Today Fri oct 6 was the first day of the fantasy faire, i believe it will run till the end of the year of a million dreams in dec 2007.

ministrychick77
10-06-2006, 10:07 PM
is it specifically for kids or is it available for "princesses of all ages"?

Abby's Mom
10-07-2006, 06:52 AM
Has anyone gone yet? I would love to her first hand what happends, we leave in 13 days.

SteveK
10-07-2006, 07:30 AM
Ok...I'll try to give a recap as we experienced it yesterday.

As you enter the FL theater, you are given a map which lists out the various locations in theater. At the back center, where the old control booth used to be, is the Princess Royal Walk. This is the area where the princess meet and greets are held. Three different princesses will be available at any time for autographs and pictures and the line was very long...we skipped it.

To the left of this area is the Royal Crafts Section. There are several picnic benches here the kids can decorate paper crowns with stickers or color various coloring book type pages. You can also buy a small castle shaped cake complete with pink and blue icing for decorating ($7.95).

To the right of the Princess Royal Walk is the Princes Merchandise/Fantasy Face Painting & Royal Hair Braiding Section. Not sure how much the face painting was but hair would have been around $18. Fortunately for us, they were doing it for free yesterday and both my girls received very nice hair makeovers which they proudly wore all day. Of course, there is a selection (albiet fairly small) of princess merchandise/costumes.

All of these areas are in the elevated sections of the FL theater. Now down to the floor.

If you are facing the stage, there is a large crown to the left that contains a very small bench. This is the Princess Storytelling section though I never saw any princess telling stories. Good photo-op though. To the right of the stage is a large shield (presumably to attract little princes) for photos as well.

The stage itself, while containing the majority of the look/props from the SW show has undergone some changes. There is now a grand staircase as well as some new decorations/banners. This is where the Princess & Knighthood Training is held. The show is held every hour on the hour and is fun for the little ones out there. I don't remember all the details and will be taking the girls again Sunday after the CHOC walk to watch the whole show. I do remember that they introduced Jasmine, Cinderella & Belle who each made their entrance down the grand staircase referenced earlier. There is then a "training" session which all the kids are invited to participate in.

All in all, a fun experience for the girls though I don't think little boys will find much interesting with this at all. Keep in mind, this was the very first day and they will need to get some things worked out. It was a bit chaotic and there seemed to be 100+ DL suits watching all the goings on and taking notes. We waited approximately 1 hour for hair braiding as they only had one girl doing it when it opened. Eventually, there were three girls there and the actual process took about 15-20 minutes, probably something we wouldn't have waited to do but it was free.

-Steve

Abby's Mom
10-07-2006, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the info, on the schedule the days we will be there it say's 10:00, is that just when the open, then you can go anytime?

Darkbeer
10-07-2006, 09:03 AM
It is scheduled to run from 10 AM to 6 PM daily.

I have a bunch of photos from Friday at the link below...

hlbtimes2
10-07-2006, 09:27 AM
Does anyone know if they are still doing princess meet and greets in front of the castle, or do you have to go to the PFF to meet them?

chinamama
10-07-2006, 09:44 AM
Darkbeer the link only goes to your main page, not the Princess Faire stuff.... unless I'm missing something.....

laurie

hlbtimes2
10-07-2006, 09:54 AM
^ go to "theme parks" then go to Oct. 6. The pictures of PFF are near the end of the 20+ pages- so if you start near the end you'll find them faster.

Abby's Mom
10-07-2006, 03:17 PM
Thanks the pic's are great. 13 days and counting.....