PDA

View Full Version : Booking thru Disneyland.com

mommy-san
09-28-2006, 06:22 AM
Would you reccomend booking hotels and tickets this way? When we compared the prices to booking everything ourselves, disneyland was $200.00 cheaper for 7 nights at Hojo and 5 day park hoppers. Can't do flights because we are in canada but thats okay. What are the pros and cons to booking this way?

samkj
09-28-2006, 06:33 AM
You are one of the few I've seen that its cheaper booking through Disney. The biggest problem with booking with Disney is their cancellation policy. Once you make the reservation, it will cost you $100 just to cancel(much more, if it is less than 30 days prior to arrival). Booking direct with the hotels you can usually cancel without penalty 2-3 days prior to scheduled arrival. I'm a travel agent and I book both ways. It just depends on where I can find the best deal for my clients. If Disney is the cheapest and you know you will not need to cancel, then go for it.

hjschulz
09-28-2006, 07:30 AM
Would you reccomend booking hotels and tickets this way? When we compared the prices to booking everything ourselves, disneyland was $200.00 cheaper for 7 nights at Hojo and 5 day park hoppers. Can't do flights because we are in canada but thats okay. What are the pros and cons to booking this way?

Try getawaytoday.com They seem to be a tad cheaper than disney.

backsthepack
09-28-2006, 07:47 AM
We book through Disneyland 99% of the time. We have had wonderful rates and the little extras (things like luggage tags and lanyards) that come with the package always are a treat for our son.

hlbtimes2
09-28-2006, 07:57 AM
We book through Disneyland 99% of the time. We have had wonderful rates and the little extras (things like luggage tags and lanyards) that come with the package always are a treat for our son.

That is us as well. Out of my last 4 trips, 3 have been booked thru Disney travel. I would have booked the 4th one as well, but I waited too long and couldnt get the candy cane inn for the dates I needed.

mommy-san
09-28-2006, 10:09 AM
Try getawaytoday.com They seem to be a tad cheaper than disney.
I checked, getwaytoday.com is another $100 bucks cheaper still. Thanks for the tip! Couldn't find cancelation info from these guys, any ideas?

Rhiannon8404
09-28-2006, 10:18 AM
Our upcoming trip in November is the first time we didn't book through Disney online. We usually get great rates there, but this time we got better rates at the Candy Cane Inn by calling them directly and booking our room. We did order our parkhoppers from the Disney website, though.

annieb727
09-28-2006, 10:53 AM
you can also book thru costco.com or AAA.com website...sometimes extra savings (or extra perks)...and of course getawaytoday.com already mentioned (and you found a better deal there too)

hjschulz
09-28-2006, 12:45 PM
I checked, getwaytoday.com is another $100 bucks cheaper still. Thanks for the tip! Couldn't find cancelation info from these guys, any ideas?

I'm not quite sure. Give them a call and ask. They are great to work with!

Rteneyck
09-28-2006, 03:04 PM
I have been booking thru Getaway today lately. They seem to have great rates.

disneyhound
09-28-2006, 05:04 PM
We have booked a couple times through Disney, but the last several years we have found better deals elsewhere! We book airfare with our vacations, so we look for the best deal of airfare and hotel. Disney is consistantly higher. Expedia and United Express usually give us the best deals. We do buy our park tickets from Disney.com however... :)

Tinkermell
09-28-2006, 07:59 PM
I've been comparing prices myself. So far getawaytoday.com has offered the best price, but only $12.00 more that AAA, who offers unlimited fastpasses until the end of the year. Costco's price seemed to be the same as Disney.com, but they offered free Character Breakfasts with the deal. So if that is important to you, that might be a good price. I called getawaytoday to ask about their cancellation fee and they told me $50.00. Still I would double check really good and see how far in advance and anything else you can think of. AAA works directly with Disney so they have the same cancellaton policy. I tried to get hotel prices without the tickets, and everytime I tried,they weren't available. But of course they are available when I want the "ticket package' that entails their cancellation policy. Me thinks they want that trip insurance really bad. Can somebody please tell me Expedia's or Travelocity's hotel cancellation policy? So far I'm leaning towards AAA because of the unlimited fastpasses. Any comments?

r-we-there-yet
09-28-2006, 08:37 PM
I like Disney's site because you can put a down on it and pay over time.:)

annieb727
09-29-2006, 01:12 AM
I've been comparing prices myself. So far getawaytoday.com has offered the best price, but only $12.00 more that AAA, who offers unlimited fastpasses until the end of the year. Costco's price seemed to be the same as Disney.com, but they offered free Character Breakfasts with the deal. So if that is important to you, that might be a good price. I called getawaytoday to ask about their cancellation fee and they told me $50.00. Still I would double check really good and see how far in advance and anything else you can think of. AAA works directly with Disney so they have the same cancellaton policy. I tried to get hotel prices without the tickets, and everytime I tried,they weren't available. But of course they are available when I want the "ticket package' that entails their cancellation policy. Me thinks they want that trip insurance really bad. Can somebody please tell me Expedia's or Travelocity's hotel cancellation policy? So far I'm leaning towards AAA because of the unlimited fastpasses. Any comments?

Well for Hotel Rooms only, I know Expedia and Travelocity charge $25 cancellation fees - I booked with them (on reservation on each) and decided to give up the DLH in order to make it work more easily - as the money wasn't all coming together as I had hoped. But that was Hotel Only. Not sure how packages are. It took a few days to get the money back into my bank account - but said to allow 7 days.

Alice Fan
09-29-2006, 01:12 PM
I like Disney's site because you can put a down on it and pay over time.:)

Me, too! We've booked out last four trips through the Disney website, and have had great experiences each time.

wingsong
09-29-2006, 09:09 PM
We booked our two disney vacations through disneyland.com because both times it was cheaper than other sites I found when park hoppers and the flight were included (I'm from B.C.,Canada we can book flights from Vancouver to LAX through disney, you can't from Alberta eh?? We flew Alaska Air) . . . that said, its not always the case. I also liked that I didn't have to immediately pay upfront which I would have had to do if I'd used expedia.ca and some other sites that I can't remember. Expedia worked out to be a fair bit more expensive (and yes I was taking the exchange from Canadian into American into account). BCAA (our version of AAA) didn't offer the length of parkhoppers we wanted and just wasn't offering great deals at the time either.

rentayenta
09-30-2006, 05:00 AM
This is the first year that we booked through Disney. We got our package at Costco.com but it actuality it's through WDTC. I priced around like crazy before booking with them and even cancelled (for$25) our hotel reservations through Expedia. WDTC's cancellation policy sucks bigtime so I booked only after I got the greenlight from DH. Yes, I usually book before getting a confirmation from him. :~D

mommy-san
10-02-2006, 08:28 PM
Thanks to everyone on this- booked through Getawaytoday.com- saved oodles. We didn't really need ToonTown madness, so the extra $200 through disneyland.com didn't seem like the best idea. Tried Costco, but HoJo isn't one of the offered hotels. But Mousepadders, I gotta, You all always come through!

For future ref., to reschedule with Getaway, a $10 charge applies, to cancel it's $50. 3 days notice or other fees apply.