PDA

View Full Version : Sheraton Park or Paradise Pier

lacey
09-27-2006, 05:49 PM
I know Sheraton Park is cheaper but is it too far from the parks and downtown disney. Does the art run late if you want to go to downtown disney after the parks close? I was considering Candy Cane inn as well but would rather stay in a hotel than a motel.

annieb727
09-28-2006, 04:19 AM
I haven't stayed at any of the properties mentioned, but for me - being close is a MAJOR factor in my decision. I do not like to have to depend on a shuttle or taxi. I want to be able to walk to and from my hotel. On that fact alone I would choose Candy Cane Inn if I had to choose from your list.

I stayed at the DLH earlier this month and it's quite a trek to get to DL & Paradise Pier is even further (remember the Monorail is currently down), so depending on when you go - keep that in mind.

I checked the ART schdule and it looks like it runs 2 hours after park closing - you can go to http://www.rideart.org/ and click on Operating Schedule for more information.

Hope this helps!

rentayenta
09-28-2006, 06:20 AM
Paradise Pier hands down. It's a great property. The walk isn't long and it's right through DTD which is fun. You can shop and grab a bite on the way to/from the parks. The rooms are big, very clean, and the service rocks!

I haven't stayed at the CCI but have ready good things about it.

Darkbeer
09-28-2006, 07:10 AM
Sheraton Park is basically just across the street from the Candy Cane Inn.

The distance to the main gates are equal if staying at the Paradise Pier or the Candy Cane Inn.

I would go for the Sheraton Park, it is the nicest of the three properties, and more than likely the best price.

wwithers
09-28-2006, 07:45 AM
I don't know when you're going but FYI, I'm going 11/2-11/6...

CCI is $109 (I got a rate a few months ago w/AAA of $99), Sheraton Park is $149.

backsthepack
09-28-2006, 08:31 AM
Paradise Pier is our favorite of all of the property hotels (and the off site ones as well). Love it there. The walk isn't too bad, you can wonder through Downtown Disney on your way too and from the park.

kohl
09-28-2006, 09:04 AM
We have never stayed at the Sheraton Park, but we love the Paradise Pier. I would pick that one!:D

Opus1guy
09-28-2006, 10:17 AM
I loved the Sheraton Park Hotel and found it a very easy walk to Disney. And you can't beat their Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed!

Do you have kids in tow? You didn't say. I ask because this would have a bearing on my recommendation, and you can read why, in my reviews of the Sheraton Park starting in Post #15 of this thread:

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=48258

...which contain pictures, video, and maps of the hotel.

Rhiannon8404
09-28-2006, 10:22 AM
Between the two you mention, I would choose the Paradise Pier. I don't think the walk is long and my kiddo doesn't complain about it. We enjoy walking through the GCH or DTD.

The only off-property hotel we stay at is the Candy Cane Inn.

Malcon10t
09-28-2006, 10:25 AM
I know Sheraton Park is cheaper but is it too far from the parks and downtown disney. Does the art run late if you want to go to downtown disney after the parks close? I was considering Candy Cane inn as well but would rather stay in a hotel than a motel.Considering your main concern is being in DTD after the park closes, adn because ART only runs up to 30 mins after closing, PPH may be a better choice for you. But, because the Sheraton Park is cheaper, consider a taxi ride from DTD to the Sheraton is only about $5 in your decision. Just a couple more ideas.