PDA

View Full Version : SuperShuttle to DLR from SNA

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
09-27-2006, 04:28 PM
Normally we take SuperShuttle to DLR from SNA, we fly in there and stay at HoJos. But in October, I am going to work with DH, he is a commercial pilot, when he has back to back SNA overnights. The crew stays at a hotel near the airport. He will be working for about 12 hours on the 2nd day, so I will be going to DLR alone for a few hours. I was thinking that I could just ride over to the airport with the crew, in the morning, and catch Super Shuttle to DLR from there, and then back to the airport in the evening. I am just wondering if Super Shuttle will drop me off AT the resort, and pick me up there, or if I should just get dropped off and picked up at GCH? What do you think? I should probably make a reservation for my return back to the airport.

Darkbeer
09-27-2006, 07:40 PM
Take a Taxi... Flat Rate for the group is $35 plus tip.....

And you go straight from the airport to HoJo's!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
09-27-2006, 09:28 PM
Take a Taxi... Flat Rate for the group is $35 plus tip.....

And you go straight from the airport to HoJo's!

Maybe my post wasn't clear. The crew will be working, flying out, and I will be going to DLR alone.

stan4d_steph
09-28-2006, 08:23 AM
You should ask the reservation person when you call. If they won't drop you off at the DL shuttle dropoff area, just have them leave you at one of the hotels across the street on Harbor.

annieb727
09-28-2006, 09:26 AM
I would THINK they would drop you off wherever you ask, but you never know. As long as they're making money, right? But if they won't, I'd ask to be dropped at the closest one on Harbor (like stan4d_steph said) - isn't that the BWPPI?

Malcon10t
09-28-2006, 09:36 AM
I think they would drop you off at the resort if you wish, but if not, the GCH would probably be faster as they generally go there first. But, if no one is going there, you might check with the driver and see where they are taking people. Also, I know crew hotels are usually close to the airport and will provide transport to the airport. You might talk to them and see if they could take you to Disneyland. I've done similar things in San Antonio and Las Vegas, where the hotel shuttle only ran to the airport, but as I was the SO of a pilot on a week long series of overnights, they were more than happy to take me to a convienence store and to the Vegas strip. Can't hurt to ask.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
09-28-2006, 03:25 PM
Great ideas. I think I will ask both the hotel and the Super Shuttle. I am not sure if the hotel shuttle will take me that far, they stay RIGHT by the airport, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
I think I will make my reservation for the return trip from GCH. DH doesn't get back to SNA until 9:58pm that night, and the DL closes at 8pm, so if I had them pick me up at 8:30, that would give me time to shop and get back over to GCH, and arrive back at the airport in time to meet DH's flight, well meet him at the airport.
I cannot wait to see all the Halloween decorations!!!!!!