PDA

View Full Version : Question about Military Tickets to DLR

Techie7
05-13-2002, 09:42 PM
I know for a while DLR was running a salute to the armed forces with free admission to the parks. Does anyone know if this offer is still running? My cousin is back for the week and would love to take advantage of this since he missed it by two days when it started. If it is still running does anyone know where he would need to get his ticket? Thanks in advance for the responses.

tabacco
05-13-2002, 09:45 PM
I think it is, but can't say for sure. Call Guest Relations and ask 'em

Techie7
05-13-2002, 09:48 PM
Anyone have the number handy? Is there a place on MP that has all of the disney phone numbers. I know they pop up at random spots in posts but is there a central local for them? Anyone know for sure on the Military? I can't find anything on the Disney Website as per normal when you need something.

Uncle Dick
05-14-2002, 12:02 AM
According to "back issues" of the CM Reference Guide, the "Heroes Salute" ended April 30th. Since I haven't seen it listed since then, I would assume that it is indeed over. :(

Still, you should probably call the Resort General Information Line at (714) 781-7290 to make sure. At the very least, there may be some sort of military discount.

MouseWife
05-14-2002, 05:48 AM
If it doesn't pan out, don't forget the MWR.

And, if they are on a ship, is it true they get free tickets?
I thought {just don't know for sure} that people on ships
got an allowance of tickets to things, something per month?

Sorry if it isn't true, when I thought I heard it it was years ago.

Techie7
05-14-2002, 06:04 AM
Thanks everyone I will be giving GR a call later today. My cousin wants to go either way. Its too bad that he missed it by two days at the start and a couple weeks at the end. He is heading off to the middle east in a couple weeks and wants to get in a little Disney first. :)

Thanks for the "back issues" of the CMRG UD.

Lani
05-14-2002, 06:26 AM
I wrote a MousePlanet article about the Armed Forces Salute (http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm011228.htm) back in December of last year. Unfortunately this promotion ended at the end of April. I'm afraid you will have to go with a regular Stars & Stripes pass from MWR.

lotsafuzz
05-14-2002, 02:59 PM
Don't know if this will help, but I just bought one of my Disney tickets (the other is an AP) at a military base (where my dad works as a civilian) for a deep discount. A 5 day park hopper was $83 (and tickets for universal were $27.50).

They had many other discounts available in the area, including hotels. I got a room at the Sportsman near Universal for $70 when I had been told $113 by the hotel.