PDA

View Full Version : Big Thunder Ranch open?

Mom2
09-27-2006, 05:24 AM
I have never gotten to see the animals there. Or are there animals there since the cow and turkey's are gone? I thought there was a petting zoo?
I thought I heard something about a Halloween makeover for the area? We are going Oct 5-10.

stan4d_steph
09-27-2006, 06:04 AM
From the thread with the press release about Disney's Halloween Time (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=58638&highlight=halloween+time):
At the Halloween Round-Up in Frontierland little ones visiting Big Thunder Ranch will have fun enjoying crafts and listening to a few tall, and possibly spooky, tales. The round-up will also feature an array of tasty treats to satisfy the most monstrous of appetites including cotton candy in Halloween colors, plus little frights can participate in some Spooky-Kookie-Cookie decorating. No mention of animals, but that doesn't mean there won't be any there.

Cat H
09-27-2006, 07:10 AM
Next to Big Thunder Ranch is a little petting zoo. I was there last week and on one day there were little burros, a cow and some goats. The next day there were goats, sheep and a horse.

Andrew
09-27-2006, 09:53 AM
I heard they will have turkey legs. Four very large turkey legs.

Rhiannon8404
09-27-2006, 11:45 AM
Hee, hee!

TikiGeek
09-27-2006, 01:12 PM
I heard they will have turkey legs. Four very large turkey legs.I'm glad you posted that - I was going to but I chickened out. :D

Vegitabeta
09-27-2006, 01:14 PM
No emus?

charpaul
09-27-2006, 11:50 PM
I'm glad you posted that - I was going to but I chickened out. :D

Wouldn't that be "Turkeyed out"!?!?!?!:p

They usually have SOME animals there for viewing at least. Last Christmas when it was the Reindeer Ranch they had the Reindeer out for viewing - but most of the other animals were "backstage" while they had the Christmas stuff going on. Not sure if the regular animals will be out while they are doing the Halloween things or not.