PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland essay help?

blubayou33
09-26-2006, 07:12 PM
Hi everyone!

I’m writing an essay on Disneyland for my Sophomore English class and I’m looking for some help. If anyone has any experiences and/or opinions to share dealing with the prompts below, I would love to hear from you.

1) As a guest, how has the “Disney Experience” changed in the last 5-10 years?
2) As a Cast Member how has the “Disney Experience” changed in the last 5-10 years?
3) Do you see any correlation between the change in admission prices and any change in the “Disney Experience”?

I know that issues related to these have popped up on the boards, but I think it would standardize my research somewhat to have direct responses to these questions.

Thanks in advance!

wvnative
09-27-2006, 07:36 AM
For us, the Disney Experience has changed just because of my daughter getting older and taller. Not to mention the addition of DCA. Our first trip wasn't all that great. She was 6 and we went with my now ex inlaws who fought the whole time. The next trip was a school trip and she was about 14. It was a lot of fun hanging out with a large group of teenagers, watching her perform at the park (magic music days), and hanging out with just my "husband" for a little while. This trip will be even better. Just me and the two girls. No one else to worry about. It'll be nice for the trip to actually feel like a vacation for a change.

Not quite sure that's what you were looking for.

Rockchalker
09-27-2006, 02:36 PM
Hi everyone!

I’m writing an essay on Disneyland for my Sophomore English class and I’m looking for some help. If anyone has any experiences and/or opinions to share dealing with the prompts below, I would love to hear from you.

1) As a guest, how has the “Disney Experience” changed in the last 5-10 years?
2) As a Cast Member how has the “Disney Experience” changed in the last 5-10 years?
3) Do you see any correlation between the change in admission prices and any change in the “Disney Experience”?

I know that issues related to these have popped up on the boards, but I think it would standardize my research somewhat to have direct responses to these questions.

Thanks in advance!

1 - My husband and I have been together for 10 years. During these 10 years, we have gone to DL or WDW at least once a year, sometimes twice. The experience changed for us when we had our DD. She is now 4 and has been to DL and WDW several times. Seeing her reaction makes DL/WDW just that much better. From waiting patiently to see Mickey when she was 18 months to her 2 year old birthday party telling Minnie to "go get Cinderella" to jumping up and down screaming "we're at Disneyland!" as we get off the Monrail. Yeah, that is why we go to DL and WDW rather than Hawaii or Europe.

I always thought kids would be a hassle at DL and take away MY fun, but it so incredible. Different, but incredible.

3 - See above.... But it is what it is... We have gone to London for a week for less money than a week at DL.

dldhistory
09-27-2006, 02:38 PM
dont know if this will help but you may be able to find some background info at my site:

http://www.dldhistory.com