PDA

View Full Version : Space Mountain fastpass change and Ridemax

jennynoel
09-26-2006, 04:04 PM
Thanks to Darkbeer's update, I just found out that Space Mountain only has fastpasses on peak days now.

I have a trip coming up in October, and I've been using Ridemax to plan some itineraries and get a general sense of what I want to do each day. Does anyone have any experience with how quickly the Ridemax folks respond to this kind of change?

I emailed them and haven't heard back yet.

The last time I was at DL was about 13 years ago, and I remember it being difficult to ride Space without waiting a long time unless it was early morning or late at night. Is that still the case? How much do you think the fastpass change will effect the standby line? Without using a crystal ball, of course ;-)

DianeM
09-26-2006, 04:19 PM
13 years ago, Space was a lot newer and busier. I've ridden it in recent years and the lines weren't bad. Of course, this was during the off season, and during mid-week, when I generally go to DL. I kind of miss having an opportunity to look at the videos while I'm waiting.

The last time I was at DL was about 13 years ago, and I remember it being difficult to ride Space without waiting a long time unless it was early morning or late at night. Is that still the case? How much do you think the fastpass change will effect the standby line? Without using a crystal ball, of course ;-)

mistofviolets
09-26-2006, 04:26 PM
Does anyone have any experience with how quickly the Ridemax folks respond to this kind of change?

I used Ridemax in August, when Casey Jr was down for an indefinite amount of time. They showed it back up and running during my planned trip...though Disney's website did not. When we arrived, the "non operational" sign read Casey jr, and dd was disappointed but okay, since we figured it could go either way. When we entered the park...Casey jr was running. Not ure if thats typical or not. I know its not Space Mtn, but, it seemed to me they were pretty "on the ball" IYKWIM

johnx112
09-26-2006, 07:39 PM
Hope this helps ... I've been going recently, and the wait time has been approximately 40 minutes, and it didn't really change throughout the whole day. good luck!

The old man
09-26-2006, 07:54 PM
Thanks to Darkbeer's update, I just found out that Space Mountain only has fastpasses on peak days now.

I have a trip coming up in October, and I've been using Ridemax to plan some itineraries and get a general sense of what I want to do each day. Does anyone have any experience with how quickly the Ridemax folks respond to this kind of change?

Where was this post?

SpacedOutCM
09-26-2006, 09:42 PM
there is just some construction going on at space mountain. that's why the FASTPASS isn't operating on weekdays. Once it's finished, then FASTPASS will operating 7 days a week

jennynoel
09-27-2006, 06:14 AM
Thanks guys! Much helpful information.

The info was in Darkbeer's last post on the photo update thread: here (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?p=948080#post948080)

SpacedOut - Any idea what the timeframe is for this change? Days? Weeks?

-Jenny

HydroGuy
09-27-2006, 07:47 AM
RideMax is as "on top of this" as anyone could possibly be, as they make a living doing this. But as DLR changes things around unannounced, like possibly Space Mtn FP, there will be times when RideMax may not be 100% correct.

They do update their data regularly, so one thing I would recommend (which is also recommended by RideMax) is to re-run your itineraries as close to departure as possible, as you will have the best data available.

Have a great trip.

tigga please
09-27-2006, 10:13 AM
there is just some construction going on at space mountain. that's why the FASTPASS isn't operating on weekdays. Once it's finished, then FASTPASS will operating 7 days a week

gearin up for ROCKit Mtn?

Tinkermell
09-28-2006, 08:08 PM
What kind of construction is going on at Space Mountain now??

Disneymademoiselle
09-28-2006, 09:53 PM
I was at Disneyland this past Sunday, Monday and Tuesday and the line on Sunday was less than 20 minutes long and non-existent on Monday and Tuesday. Woo hoo!!!

As for the construction, it is more like painting. The ramps going up to the main part of the queue are being repainted.

AaronInCal
09-29-2006, 01:06 AM
What kind of construction is going on at Space Mountain now??
They have been repainting the ground in the queue for both Stand-by and FastPass lines. It is a darker blue now with even darker (black?) sploches all over. Obviously it is so the ground won't look so dirty as it did with the lighter blue color they had there when Space Mt reopened. FastPass was supposed to reopen this week, but obviously was delayed. So it should be open this weekend and then be open 7 days again, if they got all the work done.

kiwifuz
09-29-2006, 10:46 PM
Darker blue w/ darker sploches... sound lovely in the summer sun! :confused: