PDA

View Full Version : Persuading My Mom To Go To Disneyland?

Pages : [1] 2

MonorailMan
05-13-2002, 07:15 PM
Ok fellow MPers, I need you help (again!):

Mom is thinking about going to DL tomorrow, but she keeps talking herself into then out of it. Any ideas, things that I can do that will, hopefully, get us to go tomorrow??? :)

Dreamstaker
05-13-2002, 07:25 PM
Say

"I just love the time I get to spend with you at Disneyland"

and then say

"When I have kids I wonder if they will want to go with me"

Follow up with big loving eyes (the same look you use to get out of trouble).

If all else fails pull out the pictures of you when you were a baby and say can you believe I am a teenager already. Boy time sure is flying by (I know you don't believe this, but she will).

Gemini Cricket
05-13-2002, 07:28 PM
Explain to her that you'd love to spend the day with her @ your favorite place.

If that doesn't work, tell her she has to go tomorrow because Disneyland is going to be closed after tomorrow for 5 years. :D

If either of the two doesn't work, I give up. :D

Matterhorn Fan
05-13-2002, 07:38 PM
Remember the episode of The Simpsons where Lisa & Bart really really really want a swimming pool?

"Can we get a pool, dad? Can we get a pool, dad? Can we get a pool, dad? Can we get a pool, dad? Can we get a pool, dad? Can we get a pool, dad? Can we get a pool, dad? Can we get a pool, dad? Can we get a pool, dad? Can we get a pool, dad? Can we get a pool, dad? Can we get a pool, dad? Can we get a pool, dad? Can we get a pool, dad? Can we get a pool, dad? Can we get a pool, dad? Can we get a pool, dad? Can we get a pool, dad? Can we get a pool, dad? Can we get a pool, dad? Can we get a pool, dad? Can we get a pool, dad? Can we get a pool, dad? Can we get a pool, dad? Can we get a pool, dad? Can we get a pool, dad? Can we get a pool, dad? Can we get a pool, dad? Can we get a pool, dad? Can we get a pool, dad? "

Worked for them. :D

MouseWife
05-13-2002, 07:57 PM
I might say that the weather is going to be perfect tomorrow.

Today was hot but tomorrow will be very nice.

Tell her they have made some new changes and you really want to see them, with her.

I think the part about telling her you really want to spend time with her, quality time will work.

Talk about how you will be leaving for college or how your friends are all having girlfriends and talking about getting married but you just want to go with her to Disneyland. Oh boy, that would get me!!

Or if you slip up about a girl you like she will be dying to hear about her. She might think she is getting you to go when she wants to find out all of the tidbits.

Tell her that the swans are going to have babies {they are, aren't they?}.

Tell her that you would love to buy her a special coffee and sit on Main Street and watch the time go by with your special lady.

Oh, excuse me, gotta wipe away a tear. {Why don't my kids tell me these things? My son said I make good toast. :) }

And, a note, while Matterhorn Fans idea is hilarious {it really is} remember that your Mom can think and chew gum at the same time. She will probably do what I do to my kids. Turn around, give them the Evil Eye.

I had a nephew who lived with me one year. He used to do that to me. I would tell him that since he did that I would NOT do what ever it was he was asking. Ya know, teaching them that bugging the heck outta me would never work. Of course, Dad gives in every stinkin time!!!

Good luck!! You're a great kid, I hope she does take you. Sometimes parents think that if they over do it will spoil you. So, if she doesn't take you, forgive her. :)

hefferdude
05-14-2002, 06:53 AM
A true story for Moms, and Grandmas.
My mom ( celebrating the 43rd aniversery of her 29th birthday ) has traveled a lot with us to DLR over the past 14 years or so. Our town USED to have a small mining operation that sported a steam stack 50 ft in the air. You could see it all the way across the valley from the hills. Anyway, when my youngest was three or so, we'd be riding in the car. He would see the steam stack off in the distance ( about 5 miles) and get very excited. He would exclaim he could see the steam boat (Mark Twain) and that's where Grandma lived. Lucky Grandma.:)

MonorailMan
05-14-2002, 07:09 AM
Well, Not Today :(

But Thursday. :D

Dreamstaker
05-14-2002, 03:39 PM
Thursday's good too!

I know you will have fun.

Jason Reynolds
05-14-2002, 03:50 PM
BUS PASS

MouseWife
05-14-2002, 04:15 PM
I think he lives too far. Where the heck is Apple Valley?

Rallymonkey23
05-14-2002, 05:09 PM
Apple Valley is near Six Flags MM. I pretty much pass it on my way to the DLR.

MouseWife
05-14-2002, 05:33 PM
You pass it on your way?! Wow, that means you live even farther!!

Isn't it hot up there by Magic Mountain? I always remember it being very hot.

MonorailMan
05-14-2002, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Rallymonkey23
Apple Valley is near Six Flags MM. I pretty much pass it on my way to the DLR.

WRONG! I live about 250 miles from Las Vegas, off the I-15. I have to go through the Cajon Pass to get to DLR. :)

disneynut
05-14-2002, 06:43 PM
What county is that in MM? Is that in, I think, Imperial maybe? I know I've been there before...but it was probably 15 or so years ago. Had a friend that lived there.

MonorailMan
05-14-2002, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by disneynut
What county is that in MM? Is that in, I think, Imperial maybe? I know I've been there before...but it was probably 15 or so years ago. Had a friend that lived there.

San Bernardino County.

Map Is Below:
http://msrvmaps.mappoint.net/isapi/MSMap.dll?ID=3XNsF.&C=34.490330,-117.183299&L=USA0409&CV=1&A=800&S=656,532&O=0,0&MS=0&P=|34.490330,-117.183299|1|Apple+Valley%2C+California|L1|

MouseWife
05-15-2002, 05:49 AM
Ohhhh. I see. Wow. What is there for you to do up there?

How far do you live from the Sequoia National Park? {If I am saying that right.} I had been sent a brochure there but I wonder what it could be like.

One more day, Monorail Man!!

MonorailMan
05-15-2002, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by MouseWife
Ohhhh. I see. Wow. What is there for you to do up there?

Dang, that is a tough question, there's not much to do up here, besides the "standard stuff". :)

hairboy079
05-15-2002, 01:15 PM
Hey!!! I could use the help making sure that my parents will take us (still not for sure). The problem is, we're 2000 miles away! Good luck!

MouseWife
05-15-2002, 03:46 PM
Monorail Man~
No wonder you ache for Disneyland!!! I get that way, too, around here. But, the kids all have such varied wants that I barely have time for mine anyways.

But, I mean, to you go to those places around there, like Joshua Tree, or anything like that? And, I thought that Knott's had a Ghost Town around there somewhere. Near that Glen Helen place. I was researching the area for my husband when he went to the moto-cross but never found it again!!!! I think it was in San Bernardino......

hairboy079~
Agh! I thought the trip was in the bag, so to speak? Oh, I hope things don't change. Remind them that Fall is a great time to come. Before winter storms and after summer heat. Was that good for you? And, if they have the time, go buy Yosemite!! Beautiful!! {just don't leave any food in your vehicle, bad, bad news!}. Keep us informed!! Good Luck!

MonorailMan
05-15-2002, 04:15 PM
Monorail Man~
No wonder you ache for Disneyland!!! I get that way, too, around here. But, the kids all have such varied wants that I barely have time for mine anyways.

But, I mean, to you go to those places around there, like Joshua Tree, or anything like that? And, I thought that Knott's had a Ghost Town around there somewhere. Near that Glen Helen place. I was researching the area for my husband when he went to the moto-cross but never found it again!!!! I think it was in San Bernardino......

Your thinking of Calico, thats about 50 miles away from here, nit's not that good (I've been spoiled by Disneyland, theming wize.).

Only, 15 Hours 'till we leave. :)

MouseWife
05-15-2002, 04:18 PM
Oh. :( I was hoping it would be some what Knotts'y.

Yes, I keep thinking of how lucky you are to be going tomorrow!!

Tomorrow I might go to the zoo. Maybe. No one here wants to come with me. :(

You have fun!!!

Mburk
05-16-2002, 12:18 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Matterhorn Fan
[B]Remember the episode of The Simpsons where Lisa & Bart really really really want a swimming pool?

Actually, they wanted to go to "Mount Splashmore."

Dad, can we go to Mount Splashmore? Can we go to Mount Splashmore? Can we go to Mount Splashmore? etc

There are some good Disney references in this episode, and even more so in the episode where they visit "Duff Gardens."

MouseWife
05-17-2002, 05:53 AM
Okay, it is Friday.

Tell us about your day yesterday.

Did you and your Mom both have a good time? Does she go in with you? Or does she go and run errands or something?

MonorailMan
05-17-2002, 06:34 AM
Okay, it is Friday.

Tell us about your day yesterday.

Did you and your Mom both have a good time? Does she go in with you? Or does she go and run errands or something?

Everything went great, we saw BLAST! for the first time, and mom really liked it. :)

Matterhorn Fan
05-17-2002, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Mburk
Actually, they wanted to go to "Mount Splashmore."

Dad, can we go to Mount Splashmore? Can we go to Mount Splashmore? Can we go to Mount Splashmore? etc That, too. They used the same tactics for getting a pool. Bart and Lisa have also been know to say "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"

Originally posted by Mburk
There are some good Disney references in this episode, and even more so in the episode where they visit "Duff Gardens." Ah, the Seven Duffs.

And before you all tell me to GBOT,

Originally posted by MonorailMan
Everything went great, we saw BLAST! for the first time, and mom really liked it. :)What, you go to DL and that's all you have to stay? You'd better have been in a Disney-happy stupor when you posted that trip report. :D What else did you do? How many times did you ride the Monorail? What color caterpillar did you ride in on Alice? What did Indy say to you after you escaped that giant rolling rock? Was the Columbia running? These are all important things we need to know.