PDA

View Full Version : Is the Christmas shop still there?

Mom2
09-26-2006, 06:30 AM
I thought I read that the Christmas shop is no longer at Disneyland. Is this true? If so, is it gone forever or just moved? If it moved, where? I enjoy that shop-Le Boutique de Noel. I first found the Disney Storybook Ornaments there. I believe I have the full collection now. I think they had stopped carrying most of them and only carried a couple of park exclusive sets the last time I was there, so I generally buy them online at DisneyDirect now. Just wondering about the shop. Thanks!

janell
09-26-2006, 06:34 AM
I was told by a CM that it was move to the store next to Village Haus restaurant in Fantasyland. I forget the name of the store. Now I haven't checked it out, but I did ask a few weeks ago, so it should be there.

stan4d_steph
09-26-2006, 07:21 AM
Yes, the Christmas shop moved into the space next to Village Haus.

Mom2
09-26-2006, 07:30 AM
Thank you very much! Now I wont have to worry!

annieb727
09-26-2006, 11:18 AM
i was wondering this too...hoping they still have the xmas tree skirt my husband wants us to get

ssturgeo
09-26-2006, 11:59 AM
It is in Fantasyland and is called Gepetto's Workshop

Mom2
09-26-2006, 12:08 PM
So, they changed the name as well? What went in to the old place in New Orleans Square?

Osky
09-26-2006, 12:24 PM
What went in to the old place in New Orleans Square?

If I am not mistaken, Pieces of Eight is expanding into the shop that used to be Le Bat en Rouge. LBeR moved into the Christmas Shop, and the Christmas shop moved to FantasyLand.

dmomof3
09-26-2006, 06:39 PM
The Ornament Shop is still in New Orleans Square.

Mom2
09-26-2006, 09:19 PM
I am confused, if the ornament shop is still in New Orleans Square, then what is in Gepettos Workshop? An additional Christmas shop?

DianeM
09-26-2006, 09:32 PM
There have always been two shops. One sells Disney themed ornaments and Christmas items, the other sells Radko Christmas/Holiday ornaments, some of which are Disney themed as well. I'm assuming that the "ornament shop" referred to here is the Radko shop and the "Christmas shop" is the more general Disney shop.

I am confused, if the ornament shop is still in New Orleans Square, then what is in Gepettos Workshop? An additional Christmas shop?

Mom2
09-27-2006, 12:28 AM
Oh okay, I forgot all about the Radko shop. I wonder why they didnt move them both.

Alex S.
10-01-2006, 02:07 PM
The Radko shop is still there. Le Boutique de Noel closed and moved to Fantasyland as Ghepetto's Workshop to make room for the temporary relocation of Pieces of Eight during the Pirates refurb.

When Pieces of Eight moved back to its regular location the spot temporarily became a Pirate-stuff store called Treasures. A few weeks ago, Treasures closed, the pirates stuff moved into the Le Bat en Rouge location and the Le Bat en Rouge Nightmare Before Christmas selection was moved into the Le Boutique de Noel/Treasures spot.

Meanwhile Ghepetto's Workshop in Fantasyland apparently closed for good about 10 days ago due to poor sales. The word I have is that eventually Westward Ho in Frontierland will get the CHristmas merchandise and be renamed to Westward Ho Ho Ho and that the current hat stuff at Westward Ho will be moved to Pioneer Mercantile.

annieb727
10-01-2006, 03:59 PM
The Radko shop is still there. Le Boutique de Noel closed and moved to Fantasyland as Ghepetto's Workshop to make room for the temporary relocation of Pieces of Eight during the Pirates refurb.

When Pieces of Eight moved back to its regular location the spot temporarily became a Pirate-stuff store called Treasures. A few weeks ago, Treasures closed, the pirates stuff moved into the Le Bat en Rouge location and the Le Bat en Rouge Nightmare Before Christmas selection was moved into the Le Boutique de Noel/Treasures spot.

Meanwhile Ghepetto's Workshop in Fantasyland apparently closed for good about 10 days ago due to poor sales. The word I have is that eventually Westward Ho in Frontierland will get the CHristmas merchandise and be renamed to Westward Ho Ho Ho and that the current hat stuff at Westward Ho will be moved to Pioneer Mercantile.

ACK! so presently, no christmas store??

stan4d_steph
10-01-2006, 04:33 PM
It's musical retail!

annieb727
10-01-2006, 07:08 PM
It's musical retail!

hahaha...good one and to be honest...it took me a couple of minutes to "get it" (yes, I AM blonde :p )

jdee
10-01-2006, 07:54 PM
I was there yesterday and the Christmas shop was open in Fantasyland.

Alex S.
10-01-2006, 09:19 PM
Then apparently my information was incorrect or I misunderstood. I'll double check, maybe it wasn't meant that it had closed but would be closing. It was closed the day I was there and then that information came to me.