PDA

View Full Version : If you could create a ride...

hairboy079
05-13-2002, 06:10 PM
If you could create your own ride in any land of DL or DCA, what would it be. Either this, or do you have any ideas for new on-property resorts? Although I have no ideas yet, i will keep you posted!

DLfreak
05-14-2002, 08:32 AM
I've always thought it would be cool to incorporate the closet door scene from Monsters Inc. into some sort of thrill ride. :D I guess technically that would have to go in Fantasyland.

Ghoulish Delight
05-14-2002, 08:44 AM
I've posted this before. Rip out SSL, and replace it with "Stunt Driver" (or some much more creative name than that). The scenario is that you are a stunt driver shooting a chase scene for a movie. I suppose, to be PC, you'd be the police chasing a bad guy, but it'd be more fun the other way around (or maybe they could somehow pair cars up so one is the police and one is the bad guy). It doesn't really matter either way since it'll be themed to be like a movie set (camera crews, director yelling instructions, etc.), so it's not like they'd be condoning running from the police.

I have two idea about what kind of ride, exactly. Either a darkride using the trackless gps technology. They could pull of a really cool crash scene doing that. Or, for something more thrilling, Test Track style, obviously themed differently. Either would be cool.

DBJ
05-14-2002, 10:59 AM
I'm a big fan of rides that have more than one dimension to them.
For DL, I would build a spin-off of the Spiderman at IOA, except themed to Mickey Mouse as he takes a 3D movie adventure through Disney. My thought would be to combine the incredible scale of the sets of Indy with the breakthrough use if 3D ride films in Spiderman.

In Germany, they built a "water coaster", Poseidon, that is part flume ride, and part coaster. I would build a ride around the water coaster concept, except in a structure similar to Pirates. It would combine the thrills of a coaster, with the the level of theme done with Pirates (Little Mermaid perhaps), with the splash down of Jurassic Park. The "water coaster" in Germany is done in such a way that the guests are not soaked in the boat.

For DCA, there are some really advanced flat rides, like Tomb Raider, that show the potential of what a well-themed flat ride can deliver to the audience.

malin
05-14-2002, 02:21 PM
I would want to build the volcano from Tokyo and place it in Tommorrow Land.

hbquikcomjamesl
05-14-2002, 02:55 PM
Personally, I'd take the SSL and Hollywood&Dine buildings, along with a good chunk of land at the Lion King Tram stop (which is rapidly becoming obsolete anyway), for a west-coast version of Florida's GMR.

I'd also gut the Taste Pilot's Grill building (possibly creating a new, much smaller eatery under the same name nearby), and replace it with a StarTours/BodyWars-type simulator based on flight test at Edwards.

I'd downsize Golden Vine by about 40 per cent, expanding Bay Area into the space, with a FULLY INTERACTIVE cable car simulator attraction that would allow guests to take simulated trips on all 3 cable car routes. (I've discussed it in far more detail on another thread). Guests would be allowed one free trip per admission as gripman, and an unlimited number of trips as passengers of someone else in their party; additional trips would be (to be realistic) $2.00 (the single-trip MUNI cable car fare).

I'd also expand Bay Area into the northwest edge of Paradise Pier, and add some sort of combination dark ride/mild coaster with a cable car theme. Ideally, this would also eliminate Mulholland Mistake.

Ace
05-14-2002, 08:41 PM
it would be great... but I don't know what it would be yet...

hairboy079
05-15-2002, 01:11 PM
I like with DBJ's idea for the flume ride, and I think we should make it Little Mermaid style. Maybe a ride where the scene is the fight with Ursula? Just a thought. I also think we need as much as we can get of two things: thrill rides and classic movie-themed rides. One that would be cool would be a boat tour based on the Donald and Mathmagic Land movie. It was one of my favorites when I was younger. Some of the effects in the movie, like the hall of doors near the end, would make great effects. Also Um... does anyone know where I can get a copy of the movie (LOL).:)
A Test Track type ride would be cool, also.

coronamouseman
05-15-2002, 01:47 PM
Agree in part with Malin:

(1) Bring TDS's volcano to what is now Tomorrowland in DL

(2) Change name of land to Discoveryland (like Paris) to allow for other new rides based upon fantasy or science fiction literature ..............

Ghoulish Delight
05-15-2002, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by coronamouseman
Agree in part with Malin:

(1) Bring TDS's volcano to what is now Tomorrowland in DL

(2) Change name of land to Discoveryland (like Paris) to allow for other new rides based upon fantasy or science fiction literature .............. Ugh. I would much rather them think of something NEW. It's one thing to import technology, but they have to come up with new themes, unique themes, themes that aren't in some other Disney park. DLR is having trouble convincing people to go there instead of any of the other Disney resorts. How is adding stuff you can see at the other resorts going to fix that?

coronamouseman
05-15-2002, 02:53 PM
GD:

Been to Paris or Tokyo lately?

For many folks, travel outside of the US isn't something they do very often and when most people do travel outside the US it's not to visit a Disney park - why not TDS or DP attractions in DL?
Plenty of DL attractions elsewhere .................

The Photographer
05-15-2002, 10:12 PM
Ride Elliot through Passamaquoddy.

lillas
05-16-2002, 04:56 AM
DL is DL because it has attractions not rides, there is a difference.

Uncle Dick
05-16-2002, 05:49 AM
Having just finished watching all four "Vault Disney" DVDs, I'm thinking Disneyland needs a new attraction based on some good ol' family favorites. Like, maybe for Swiss Family Robinson, they could build a replica of the treehouse the family made and everyone could walk through it and - um, wait a minute… nevermind. :rolleyes:

Actually, one of my more twisted ideas involves a complete retheming of Space Mountain to something that fits in better with Main Street (because, you know, Space Mountain sticks out like a sore thumb on Main Street). So I was thinking, why not retheme Space Mountain to Pollyanna! I'm not quite sure how they'd do this, but it might just become the newest "most reviled" ride at any Disney theme park. ;)