PDA

View Full Version : very late trip report... Sept 16-18

Courtney Anne
09-25-2006, 08:02 PM
FRIDAY 9/15

We were supposed to leave on Friday night (9/15) but due to me working later than I thought and a problem getting a rental car... we decided to leave on Saturday. We almost didn't go at all. I have an old car and I was afraid to make the drive fropm Phoenix, AZ to Disneyland.

SATURDAY 9/16

Saturday morning we woke up and got on the raod about 9am. We stopped in Quartzite for a bite to eat, then made one more stop (somewhere) to strech. We got to DL about 3pm. It took about 6 hours driving time to go 360 miles. Not too bad considering we stopped and ate McD's in the car. (I hate to eat a Quarter Pounder while driving.)

We met up with AnnieB and moved our stuff into the DisneyLand Hotel for the night. Annie was nice enough to split the room (and the cost) with us for a room that we could never afford on our own. It was still a little more than I would have usually spent but... it was worth it.

My son, Christian, and I changed clothes and the three of us headed to DCA. We used the GCH entrance and went straight to Grizzly. I was wearing my new Crocs that I had bought the day before. My feet didn't dry fast enough and I had a blister within minutes. I stole a pair of socks from Annie and we headed over to DL. First ride - Indy !! Annie and Christian saw the Mickey Ears on the skeleton but since they made me sit in the third seat, I didn't see nuthin !!

After that we grabbed some fries - the smell of them was driving my kid crazy. Annie grabbed a turkey leg - but when she let me try a bite I wasn't that impressed. We decided to camp-out for the fireworks. I had decided to use one day of our park-hoppers because Saturday was the only day there were fireworks and I could not miss the 50th fireworks.

We got to sit right up by the rope in the seating area. We were a little to the left of the drawbridge. Shannon and Greg were two of the CMs that were workign there that night and they were alot of fun. Greg even gave me his MySpace URL so we could chat after I was back home.

The fireworks were amazing. I started to tear up a little - but don't tell anybody ! :crying:

Then we were off to Space Mountain - and then Buzz. I really wanted to see the 50th Film in the Opera House - so we split up. Christian went off with Annie to ride a few more rides, and I went down Main Street.

I was very mad when I found out they went on Peter Pan and Dumbo without me !!! :mad: From there we started the trek back DL Hotel thru DTD. It was about 1:30 AM when we finally fell asleep.

I will come edit this post later as I want to see this TV show that is on - and I should be finishing my History Class Assignment !!!

annieb727
09-26-2006, 07:27 PM
hey...you gotta finish this courtney!! i want to hear about your trip AFTER I left ;) ...did you read the end of my trip report...how I BARELY made it to the shuttle because the stupid ECV pretty much DIED...*sigh*

Courtney Anne
09-28-2006, 04:25 PM
I have been going non-stop since I got home - not to mention the migraines that I have been dealing with. Right now I am at school - so I don't have time... maybe tonight if I don't get home too late. My class doesn't end until 10 pm !

annieb727
09-28-2006, 04:34 PM
sorry about the migranes, courtney :( I was just teasin' you -- take your time, hon! can't wait to hear more about what you guys did after i left...:)