PDA

View Full Version : Unguarded grass areas in Disneyland

DadandFamily
09-25-2006, 12:23 PM
One of the bigger changes to DL over the years has been the installation of small fences around the grass and bush areas. I know of two unguarded grass areas in DL where you would be able to sit on the grass. QUIZ: Does anyone know where they are or know of any others?

Malcon10t
09-25-2006, 01:11 PM
One of the bigger changes to DL over the years has been the installation of small fences around the grass and bush areas. I know of two unguarded grass areas in DL where you would be able to sit on the grass. QUIZ: Does anyone know where they are or know of any others?Most of us with service dogs do. Disney recommends the areas to us for relieving our dogs. They even tell us to just tell a CM and they will clean up any mess, but we prefer to do clean up ourselves. We can use the areas with fencing, as they do have gates in them to enter and exit the dogs.

BTW - I don't get why people are so entertained watching a dog go potty. But kids are just totally enthralled watching our pups! We usually try to make a human shield to block a little so they have some privacy.

Opus1guy
09-25-2006, 01:48 PM
At first...I thought this was going to be a thread on smoking pot in Disneyland! ;)

I know of two unguarded grass areas in DL where you would be able to sit on the grass. QUIZ: Does anyone know where they are or know of any others?

I don't know where they are. But after reading Malcon10t's post...I'm not so sure I'd be too anxious to sit on them, if I did!

:)

There are lots of big wide-open grass areas over at the Disneyland Hotel. And I've been known to take a break from the Parks and have a quick nap on those on a nice sunny (not too hot) afternoon.

:)

DadandFamily
09-25-2006, 01:55 PM
Malcon10t - I can only think of two areas in DL where the grass is not fenced in (whether or not that fence has a gate). Can you (or anyone else) name them or describe where they are?

MickeyDogMom
09-25-2006, 08:51 PM
I'd watch out for any ungated areas of grass, outside, next to the buses there is a lot, un-polite dog users (both service and normal) may not always pick up after their pups.
Uncovered moss there is a lot of, along the edges of walkways mostly. There is grass along the walkway in the Pooh line. Unguarded grass IN the park is either clovers or high up so that people can't stomp over it.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
09-25-2006, 10:41 PM
BTW - I don't get why people are so entertained watching a dog go potty. But kids are just totally enthralled watching our pups! We usually try to make a human shield to block a little so they have some privacy.
My FIL use to tell his grandkids when they had a sty on their eye, it was from watching dogs pee:confused: .

DadandFamily
09-26-2006, 11:55 AM
OK, the first area in DL where the grass is not fenced in is next to the line for the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh ride.

DadandFamily
10-09-2006, 02:15 PM
The second area in DL where the grass is not fenced in is in the Plaza Pavilion on Main Street just to the south of the 'The Nestlé Toll House Junior Chef Baking Experience.' The grass surrounds a tree and little kids seem to like to sit there.

newportbeachbumz
10-09-2006, 03:25 PM
My FIL use to tell his grandkids when they had a sty on their eye, it was from watching dogs pee:confused: .

OK... I am totally cracking up right now. I used to be told the same thing! I wonder where that derives from....

Barbossa
10-09-2006, 04:09 PM
We usually try to make a human shield to block a little so they have some privacy.

I didn't think that dogs cared whether or not anyone was watching them hang rope. Is this not true? :confused: :)

Starfuzz
10-09-2006, 06:59 PM
When I was at DL this past month while in line for Winnie the Pooh, a CM was constantly telling people to stay off the grass. I imagine it won't be long till some barrier is placed there if people aren't allowed to sit on it anymore.

Malcon10t
10-09-2006, 08:05 PM
When I was at DL this past month while in line for Winnie the Pooh, a CM was constantly telling people to stay off the grass. I imagine it won't be long till some barrier is placed there if people aren't allowed to sit on it anymore.
They've tried to leave a grass area in the Pooh area for service dogs. I doubt they will take it out, but they may put up a barrier. Personally, I wouldn't sit on the grass areas. I know a few dogs that have been there. ;) They could do like I think Universal and put up signs that say "Service/Guide Dog Relieving Facilities" (or something close to that.)