PDA

View Full Version : Sheraton Anaheim or Candy Cane inn

lacey
09-25-2006, 11:50 AM
Going to Disneyland Oct. 8-12. Both of these hotels have shuttles to Disneyland. Is one better than the other?:D

Disneygirl65
09-25-2006, 11:54 AM
I like both, but it depends what you want in a hotel. Candy Cane has great rooms, but not a hotel, it's more of a motel. Sheraton a hotel. Have you tried the new Sheraton Park? Nice place, nice grounds. It's really close too.

SeansMom
09-25-2006, 12:07 PM
I can't speak for the Candy Cane Inn, but we have always enjoyed our stays at the Sheraton. The rooms are REALLY big, the beds are heavenly, and the grounds are beautiful. We've never had problems with the shuttle, other than it being really full. I like that you can order room service :). They also have a nice little shop with premade sandwhiches, yogurt, bagels and the like, as well as anything you may have forgotten (suntan lotion, etc.).

tigga please
09-25-2006, 12:32 PM
i LOVED the rooms at the CC inn. im sold.

Opus1guy
09-25-2006, 01:56 PM
I can't speak for the Candy Cane Inn, but we have always enjoyed our stays at the Sheraton. The rooms are REALLY big, the beds are heavenly, and the grounds are beautiful. We've never had problems with the shuttle, other than it being really full. I like that you can order room service :). They also have a nice little shop with premade sandwhiches, yogurt, bagels and the like, as well as anything you may have forgotten (suntan lotion, etc.).

Ditto on all counts: Love the Sheraton and can't comment on the Candy Cane.

I've also stayed at the Sheraton Park (not to be confused with the Sheraton Anaheim) and it's extremely nice too. But I don't think I'd recommend them for families unless you get a separate room for the kiddies. Many of their rooms are rather on the small side and the hotel does not even have roll-aways.

The Sheraton Anaheim on the other hand, has the largest standard room size of any hotel in Anaheim...525 sq. ft...and plenty of room for roll-aways and/or cribs. And those Sweet Sleeper beds! Wonderful! :)

You can use MousePad's Search feature on keyword "Sheraton" for more threads and reviews.

Tinkerbell 62
09-25-2006, 02:01 PM
The last time we were out there (2003) we stayed at the Candy Cane Inn. I thought it was great. Nice rooms, comfortable bed and breakfast in the morning! They had their own shuttle which they didn't share with anyone else and they ran it often. Candy Cane Inn was also so close so that I remember we walked a few times also! We are planning on staying there again in the spring! :cool:

ghoofie
09-25-2006, 02:59 PM
The Cane is the only place to stay.

tod
09-25-2006, 03:06 PM
We've stayed at the Candy Cane Inn several times and have no complaints whatsoever. Rooms are nice, the motel surrounds a courtyard, which is much nicer than other motels where you look at a wall. Not having stayed at the Sheraton, I can't say anything about the accommodations, but I can point this out:

The Sheraton is too far to walk.

--t