PDA

View Full Version : Live entertainment while dining?

ShirleyFilms
09-25-2006, 10:31 AM
On our last visit, we were suprised by a performance of Billy Hill and the Hillbillies in the Golden Horseshoe in Frontierland. It was great!

I was wondering... are there any other live acts/performances that can be enjoyed while dining inside Disneyland? I do not see anything listed on the Disneyland website.

Thanks.

DangerMouse
09-25-2006, 10:38 AM
You can eat in the Tiki Room. They just ask that you take your trash out with you. :D

DisneyDustin22
09-25-2006, 10:44 AM
There's tons. Fireworks, Fantasmic, parades, Swing Dancing on Sat nights next to the castle, Piano playing on Main St. Any of the bands at Club Buzz once it reopens, you could eat and people watch pretty much anywhere in the park. Sometimes that can be fun! You can eat over in Critter Country next ROA and watch the crew set up for F!.

Bytebear
09-25-2006, 10:45 AM
When they bring back Tomorrowland Terrace (currently under renovation to change from the Buzz Lightyear stage), you can eat there and watch live bands at night. This is a pretty famous stage with everyone from No Doubt (before they were big) to Donny and Marie playing on that very stage.

DangerMouse
09-25-2006, 10:57 AM
Oh, I just remembered another one! Aladdin's Oasis is great, they even have some tables in the back. You can bring food over from Bengal BBQ! YUM! I understand they're only playing shows on Fri, Sat, and Sun currently.

DadandFamily
09-25-2006, 11:06 AM
Yesterday, my family and I hung out for about an hour on a shady bench near the Frontierland gate eating lunch and listening to the fiddler player.

Duane
09-25-2006, 11:25 AM
This isn't in Disneyland but you can see live music at the Jazz Kitchen which is located in Downtown Disney.

ShirleyFilms
09-25-2006, 12:18 PM
Anyone know if you can take food into Aladdin - A Musical Spectacular?

JookyG
09-25-2006, 12:57 PM
You can usually catch the backside of a performance by the pirate band while you're dining at Cafe Orleans. If you linger too long, you might have to listen to two performances. Boy those guys make a lot of noise, and none of it as suitable for NOS as the jazz that's currently missing.

tonytone
09-25-2006, 02:33 PM
Anyone know if you can take food into Aladdin - A Musical Spectacular?
Officially--no. Having said that, I reckon no one's gonna make a big fuss if you discreetly bring in and eat/drink small snack or beverage. Not that I'm advocating that it's okay to do so, but if you must...

Alex S.
09-25-2006, 02:39 PM
There aren't many places that intentionally combine live entertainment with dining though as mentioned there are plenty of places where you can do it yourself.

Really, in Disneyland the only three I can think of are Golden Horseshoe, French Market (the outdoor seating has a stage where you can frequently hear live music), and Refreshment Corner.

I tend to think of Tomorrowland Terrace (now that the old name is officially back) as a place where food and live music are close together. I, personally, wouldn't want to eat there while the generally very loud live acts are going on but that is a statement of personal preference.

potzbie
09-25-2006, 02:57 PM
On Saturday nights, back in the "old days," when RANCHO DEL ZOCALO still had barbeque chicken and barbeque ribs as a combo, I could walk through the tunnel to the Main Street Carnation Plaza Gardens and sit and listen to Big Band swing music.

Wow! What a great combination of great things!
Finger-lickin' good!

"Goodman and Kyser and Miller
Help to make things bright.
Mixin' hot licks with vanilla,
Jukebox Saturday Night!"
:)

10-97
09-25-2006, 04:35 PM
One of my favorites is now in Yesterland: The Tahitian Terrace.

cstephens
09-26-2006, 07:32 AM
On Saturday nights, back in the "old days," when RANCHO DEL ZOCALO still had barbeque chicken and barbeque ribs as a combo

"old days" and Rancho SO don't go together...

wardkimballfan
09-26-2006, 07:53 AM
When they bring back Tomorrowland Terrace (currently under renovation to change from the Buzz Lightyear stage), you can eat there and watch live bands at night. This is a pretty famous stage with everyone from No Doubt (before they were big) to Donny and Marie playing on that very stage.I remember seeing Alabama playing there right before their debut album came out in 1979. They were terrific.

One of my favorites is now in Yesterland: The Tahitian Terrace.That so needs to come back! Nothing's better than eating Polynesian pork ribs and sipping a punch while watching a guy toss fire around on a stick and shapely beauties sway their hips to the beating drums.

Opus1guy
09-26-2006, 09:51 AM
Screaming kids at the next table is usually all the entertainment I get.