PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland in October

ArielleBelle
09-25-2006, 07:50 AM
Hello everyone. I ahve a few questions for you.

1. what is the weather typically like in the third week of October.
We are going Oct 16th - 20th and I am not sure how to pack, do I pack shorts or sweaters?

2. Is there anything big going on the third week of octtober or will it be quiet?

3. We are wanting to try some new places to eat on this trip, where are some good places? We were kinda wanting to try some place in the resort hotels, like GC & DLH.

thanks

Mom2
09-25-2006, 08:07 AM
We were there last year at the end of October. It was warm during the day but cold at night. We had brought jackets and wore them. We are in Arizona like you, so the cooler temperatures were nice. But you can feel the moisture in the air there and it does feel pretty cold even at 60 degrees or so.
I would bring both types of clothes. My DH was pretty cold in shorts at night at the parks. But anyone who lives there might be able to answer this better for sure. Maybe when we were there, it was just a colder week, cold front coming in or something.
Not sure how busy it will be.
The GCH has Storytellers Cafe which is wonderful. I love their breakfast buffet, pricey, but enjoyable. Mickey Mouse Waffles the kids will love. Fill 'er up and spend less eating at the park later. Their pizza is also WONDERFUL. We compare it to the pizza that we used to buy at a local family owned for years Italian restaurant that sadly, closed down. So we always look forward to the pizza there. Sometimes stop by and pick it up to bring it to our room.
I am in Tucson, where are you? We are going Oct 5-10.

stan4d_steph
09-25-2006, 08:52 AM
Hello everyone. I ahve a few questions for you. If you do a search and browse through this forum, you will see that your questions are ones that have been discussed very recently. There's even a thread on the front page right now about favorite restaurants.

All of the places in GCH are good. Napa Rose is wonderful if you don't mind splurging a bit on a meal.

Mom2
09-25-2006, 09:10 AM
Care to direct ArielleBelle to the thread on what to pack/wear for that time of year? I have not noticed that one.
Her post was in regard to many items, but, yes, we all need to use the search function more. :)

Mom2
09-25-2006, 09:11 AM
Oh, I found one for you ArielleBelle.
Here you go:
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=61029&highlight=cold

ArielleBelle
09-25-2006, 10:41 AM
I am in Payson. we are going oct 16-20. we are very very excited! Thanks for your info!

annieb727
09-25-2006, 11:34 AM
I went to Granville's for breakfast while I was there earlier this month - TONS of food...and it was VERY good. I also really liked the Storyteller's Cafe Breakfast buffet - character interaction wasn't as great, but the food was EXCELLENT. Goofy's Kitchen is wonderful for characters, food not as good - but very kid friendly.

GrumpyUTboi
09-25-2006, 12:27 PM
Oct 11-15 is Utahns Escape to Anaheim. School is out that weekend for the schools, and it seems that everyone goes to DL on that weekend.

Whittibo
09-25-2006, 01:36 PM
Wow, good timing to just miss all the Utahns!!

We'll be down there from October 24th - November 4th. Can't WAIT!

We have been at this time of the year before, but each year is different. But it was beautiful during the day, and mid-weight jacket (we had those little fleece type jackets) and jeans for mornings or nights.

DisneyLynn
09-25-2006, 02:59 PM
We were there last year in Oct. when it seemed like the entire state of Utah was there, we dediced to leave and come back another day.

kdsmit07
09-25-2006, 05:10 PM
Seems like a lot of us from AZ are going to Disneyland around the same time.

I live in Glendale, across the street from the Cardinals Stadium.

I am going to be there the 18th-22nd... Maybe we will run into each other. :p

Does anyone know what type of crowds to expect this time in October?:rolleyes:

hjschulz
09-25-2006, 07:38 PM
I am in Payson. we are going oct 16-20. we are very very excited! Thanks for your info!

We use to live in payson also. The weather will be warmer than Payson! Should be a great change. Have fun!

christina
09-25-2006, 08:09 PM
I'm from Arizona too......Mesa to be exact. I'll be there the 22nd through 26th. This will be our first time going in October, but last year we went the first week in November and it was darn chilly to me at night. I'm kinda wimpy though when it comes to that.

ArielleBelle
09-26-2006, 10:20 AM
yeah I was wondering the same thing, We have never been to DL in October and we are hoping for light crowds!

Well Hope to see all you Arizonans in The Happiest Place on Earth!!!!!!!!

wvnative
09-26-2006, 10:33 AM
We're in AZ too and will be there in Oct, but a bit before everyone else. We're in the park 10/12-10/14 during fall break.