PDA

View Full Version : Disney store pins & trading

hickorydickory
09-25-2006, 07:35 AM
Can I buy a set of disneystore pins at home for my DD to trade when we get to DL or can she only trade park pins? Can I preorder one of the basic starter sets? I tried to find some on the disney site and I only could find some pins in sets that were not characters she is familiar with.

Thanks

MaraMouse
09-25-2006, 08:17 AM
I'm not sure if you can trade the Disney Store ones, because they are their own kind of pin, (they say The Disney Store on them), but I would definitley try to find out, I was wondering this too.

I also noticed that the Disney Store pins are tiny compared to ones you would find in the park.

But if you live anywhere near a Disney outlet, the pins there are tradeable for sure, but if you don't have access to it, you can always try ebay, I think this is what most people do before their park visit, I know I am :p

hickorydickory
09-25-2006, 08:19 AM
Oh I forgot to add that she really likes a set of mini pins (small... not the mouse) that she wants to trade. I think they were 1" by 1/2". Are these still good to trade?

Vegitabeta
09-25-2006, 08:25 AM
You know, I'm pretty sure you can trade any of them as long as they are Disney. Anyway, most CMs won't know the difference, and even if they do they probably don't know!

jetkitten
09-25-2006, 09:41 AM
I trade Disney Store pins all the time. It's cheaper then getting the park pins.

Tinker Bell
09-25-2006, 09:59 AM
Yes you can trade the disney store pins or any pin that has the Disney and copyright sign on the back.

annieb727
09-25-2006, 11:30 AM
the disney outlet is a great source - I just got the 8 pin starter set - sells at the park for $49.95, got it for $34.99 at the outlet up here in WA. I did notice that that's about what they were going for on eBay as well.

Just be careful about buying pins on eBay, as there are a lot of fakes sold there that CANNOT be traded in the parks - I would be LESS concerned if it was a brand new starter set that comes with the lanyard - just as you would buy at DL. I figure some people are buying them from outlets and such and then reselling them - heck I did that with a few items I bought at the Outlet - made a little bit of money :D.

There's also Mouseshoppe.com and the disneyshopping.com websites. There's also DeliverEars (800) 362-4533 - you can call them and order anything that you can buy at the park - it will cost the same as at the park PLUS shipping.