PDA

View Full Version : Aladdin's Oasis?

jMom
09-24-2006, 09:34 PM
I read earlier that this attraction was closed and it was unclear if it would reopen ... does anyone know it it will ever reopen and on what schedule? Specifically will it be open early November this year? Would love to be abe to take my daughter to go see it ...

tod
09-24-2006, 09:38 PM
From what I've gathered over the last few years, I wouldn't count on it.

--t

ChipmunkStar
09-24-2006, 09:55 PM
Actually, Aladdin's Oasis currently runs Friday Saturday and Sundays.

MaraMouse
09-25-2006, 02:17 AM
If it's closed when you go, I wouldn't worry, the show isn't anything spectacular, but if you haven't already, you must watch Aladdin and Jasmine's Musical Spectacular at DCA, I loved this show :) It was like a child-friendly broadway show with a shorter run-time.

But Aladdins Oasis is set in a small area, and the stage is pretty tiny, and it's more like a storytelling show and I only remember 3 characters which were Aladdin, Jasmine and the narrator.. I'm not positive if it's only 3 but that's all I can recall.

Vegitabeta
09-25-2006, 03:35 AM
The Aladdin musical spectacular is a definate for any Aladdin fans! I've never seen the Aladdin's Oasis show, but I get the feeling the musical would be better!

DangerMouse
09-25-2006, 06:37 AM
While the Aladdin show in DCA is done very well, for little kids, ages 4-8, I actually prefer the Aladdin's Oasis show. It is shorter and includes a lot of audience participation. Kids get to be a part of the show and sit up front, close to the characters and get autographs afterward.

MammaSilva
09-25-2006, 07:34 AM
I have to disagree with anyone that says the Aladdin Oasis theater (next to the Jungle cruise exit) isn't worth a visit. In my opinion it is one of those things that makes Disneyland, welll....Disneyland...like the storytelling over in Fantasyland...if all you want to do is ride as many attractions as is possible in a day, head on over to Knotts or a Six Flags park.....how cool is it for a kid to be able to go home and share that they got to be a PART of the magic? Wish noise anyone? I was lucky to be acting as 'tour guide' to some friends from Utah on their very first ever visit to the parks...we went to the show and her oldest daughter got picked to be one of the performers...that was 3 years ago and they STILL talk about it...it's 30 minutes (give or take your wait time) the performers are awesome and after the show they are gracious and do meet and greet inside the theater area so you're not scrambling for an autograph or photo op. We have missed being there when the show was running the last few visits but it's one of my oh man we missed it moments....I urge everyone to give it a try. If we all keep 'skipping' things like this then eventually the bean counters will say it's not worth the money to keep it up and we'll lose yet more of what makes our favorite place....our favorite place.

Vegitabeta
09-25-2006, 08:10 AM
...I thought it was a kid's thing that's all...

mystycalchyk
09-25-2006, 08:30 AM
The hubby and I are kidless and we go to Aladdins Oasis everytime we go to Disneyland. We love it...the kids are so cute and we enjoy watching THEM enjoy themsleves so much....especially the ones the pick to participate in the show. I aggree with MammaSilva 100%

Vegitabeta
09-25-2006, 08:31 AM
The hubby and I are kidless and we go to Aladdins Oasis everytime we go to Disneyland. We love it...the kids are so cute and we enjoy watching THEM enjoy themsleves so much....especially the ones the pick to participate in the show. I aggree with MammaSilva 100%

Cool, sounds like it's for me, but my excuse is that it was closed both times I was there!

MaraMouse
09-25-2006, 08:34 AM
I have to disagree with anyone that says the Aladdin Oasis theater (next to the Jungle cruise exit) isn't worth a visit. In my opinion it is one of those things that makes Disneyland, welll....Disneyland...like the storytelling over in Fantasyland...if all you want to do is ride as many attractions as is possible in a day, head on over to Knotts or a Six Flags park.....how cool is it for a kid to be able to go home and share that they got to be a PART of the magic? Wish noise anyone? I was lucky to be acting as 'tour guide' to some friends from Utah on their very first ever visit to the parks...we went to the show and her oldest daughter got picked to be one of the performers...that was 3 years ago and they STILL talk about it...it's 30 minutes (give or take your wait time) the performers are awesome and after the show they are gracious and do meet and greet inside the theater area so you're not scrambling for an autograph or photo op. We have missed being there when the show was running the last few visits but it's one of my oh man we missed it moments....I urge everyone to give it a try. If we all keep 'skipping' things like this then eventually the bean counters will say it's not worth the money to keep it up and we'll lose yet more of what makes our favorite place....our favorite place.

I had deja vu reading this :o, but I wasn't urging anyone to skip it, I just said don't worry if its closed, also I didn't think about it from a child's perspective, they probably would enjoy a good closeup encounter, but all I was saying is the musical spectacular is pretty exciting too with all the different types of stunts they do onstage, and even if you get seated up in the balcony you'll get to see Aladdin and Jasmin fly by on a magic carpet, so please don't think I'm trying to shut down Aladdins Oasis or anything.

mistofviolets
09-25-2006, 08:52 AM
Every time we went...up to a half hour early...the guy told us it was full. The last time he was getting really apologetic, and suggested we just wait. We went to the DCA aladdin show instead...which was dd's favorite part of Disneyland :D But, she did miss meeting Jasmine which I gether would have happened at Aladdins Oasis. Anyways...with that kind of popularity, I wouldn't expect it to close up...

DadandFamily
09-25-2006, 11:12 AM
Aladdin & Jasmine's StoryTale Adventures was open yesterday (Sunday September 24th) and had seven shows.

ChipmunkStar
09-25-2006, 10:05 PM
Again, as I said. The Oasis is open Fridays. Saturdays. and Sundays.

(yes. I meant to put those as periods, not commas. It's more definitive that way.)

dldhistory
09-25-2006, 10:42 PM
Here are some photos from Aladdin's Oasis:

http://www.dldhistory.com/gallery.asp?Tab=Disneyland&Page=7&Ident=600

ChipmunkStar
09-26-2006, 08:02 AM
dld history: you may want to update a little bit. While the story has, for the most part, stayed the same, there are now smoke effects from the cave, a new "tent" on the main part of the stage, and it's no longer Barker Bob. Now there is Kazeem.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.. :)

Vegitabeta
09-26-2006, 08:11 AM
Why have I never seen this? I love Aladdin!

annieb727
09-26-2006, 11:21 AM
I will definitely make sure we go to this - Elijah LOVES Aladdin - well, so do I...but I never really thought about it until this thread...it's going on my "MUST DO" list :) thanks!

MammaSilva
09-26-2006, 11:26 AM
It really is one of those hidden jewels, (and psstttt it has one of those secret potties in there as well!)

DadandFamily
09-26-2006, 12:28 PM
It really is one of those hidden jewels, (and psstttt it has one of those secret potties in there as well!)

Secret potties? Secret potties in Aladdin's Oasis? This I have not heard of. Please explain.

jMom
09-26-2006, 12:29 PM

Oh we are SO going there on our next trip :) !

Thanks for all the updates and pics!

stan4d_steph
09-27-2006, 06:10 AM
Secret potties? Secret potties in Aladdin's Oasis? This I have not heard of. Please explain.There's a bathroom for use by people attending the show. It's usually clean and doesn't get a lot of traffic because it's only available when a show is going on for people already in the show. Check out Happiest Potties (http://www.mouseplanet.com/potties/); it's a bit outdated, but it gives information on where the bathrooms are, including the one in the Oasis.

ChipmunkStar
09-27-2006, 07:10 AM
Even better... there are actually TWO restrooms in the Oasis. There's the main unisex/wheelchair accessible one when you first walk into the venue, and there is another on the other end of the theater.

When entering the Oasis, continue aaaaaaaall the way across, until you go into the furthest balcony seating section. There's actually two, on male one female (2 stalls). By far my favorite restrooms in the park :)

mariezp
09-27-2006, 07:37 PM
My family and I saw the Aladdin's Oasis show for the first time last year. Our daughter was 5 at the time and had a fantastic time as one of the participants. We had a wonderful time watching her have fun and joining in on the audience participation. It was one of the surprise highlights of our trip! It's funny and makes for a nice break to rest up a bit. I am so glad they decided not to do away with it. I would highly recommend it if you haven't seen it.