PDA

View Full Version : I found Monorail "Blue" today!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

robsmustang
09-24-2006, 07:43 PM
well i was on my way to get some lunch today and out of the corner of my eye i saw monorail Blue. So i slammed on the breaks to take a closer look. Blue is all stripped down, no windows, doors or running gear. looks quite sad actually. it is sitting in the yard of a fabrication company. i guess they are going to make duplicate bodies or somthing. I did get a pic or two but they are on my cell phone and i don't know how to get them out.

TowerofTerror
09-24-2006, 07:46 PM
send them to your email and from there save to you computer and then upload to here

robsmustang
09-24-2006, 08:11 PM
ok i got a pic now i can email it to sombody if they could post it up for me please.

Darkbeer
09-24-2006, 08:13 PM
You can contact me at darkbeer@ml1.net, and I will send you info as how to upload as a guest to my photo site....

Darkbeer
09-24-2006, 08:29 PM
Here is RobsMustang photo....

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1930415

Thanks for letting all of us see it in refurb!!!!!!

robsmustang
09-24-2006, 08:31 PM
thanks for posting it up for me darkbeer! i will try to get some better photo's this week with my real camara.

Darkbeer
09-24-2006, 08:40 PM
Have to laugh, talking to my girlfriend about this photo in the last few minutes, she said she heard my Canadian accent come out... (My Dad was born in Poland, but went to college in Toronto, Canada, and my Mom also went to the University of Toronto (she was born in Toronto, but her parents came from England).... My dad got a job thru the Department of State in the mid-50's, and I am a native American (born in 1960), but still have the accent because of living with my parents;)

Thanks again to RobsMustang for the photo.... :)

Vegitabeta
09-25-2006, 03:53 AM
Aw that is sad! Bless it:(

robsmustang
09-25-2006, 11:44 AM
I went by today to get some more pictures with a better camara and guess what i found? a original nose cone from "blue" aswell as what i believe to be two brand new nose cones that are wrapped up in plastic. i have the pictues and i believe i will send them to Darkbeer so he can post them up for me.

Darkbeer
09-25-2006, 12:29 PM
Here are the photos RobsMustang took this morning....

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1932640

robsmustang
09-25-2006, 12:55 PM
thanks again darkbeer for posting my pic's up:)

Darkbeer
09-25-2006, 12:56 PM
RobsMustang just sent me three more, which I have added to the link above (total of 6 photos now).

outlaw8
09-25-2006, 01:13 PM
Thanks robsmustang and Darkbeer for the pics.....Darkbeer's got International correspondents now!!

Whittibo
09-25-2006, 01:30 PM
Wow, Blue is a ways away from home isn't he. :s

robsmustang
09-26-2006, 09:39 AM
i will try to get more pics this weekend

Tinkermommy
09-26-2006, 09:47 AM
I'm impressed as heck that you recognized it!! I love (and miss) the Monorail, but admit I would likely not have recognized Blue in its present form if I'd been driving by. Thanks for the pictures -- and yay, you!!

my3girls
09-26-2006, 10:25 AM
I wanted to thank you also for sharing the neat photos. It's sad seeing Blue all taken apart. But I am excited thinking about the new Monorails to come. :D I can't wait to see how they look.

robsmustang
09-26-2006, 09:48 PM
yah it is sad to see blue in that shape i think most of it will end up in the garbage:( . i think i may half to do some dumster diving:D some of that stuff will go for a mint on ebay

robsmustang
09-30-2006, 08:43 PM
well i got some new pictures today i hope you like them i am sending them to darkbeer to post for me.

I Heart Disneyland!
09-30-2006, 08:52 PM
Sort of surreal to see it out of context, you know?

That being said, I love the photos! Thanks for posting them.

Darkbeer
10-01-2006, 01:29 AM
Here are the latest photos from Saturday, September 30th....

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1952093

darph nader
10-01-2006, 07:42 AM
Too bad you can't pull up with a large flatbed truck,with some phony workorders,start barking orders,and spirit him away to a new home.:rolleyes:

(if you've ever mowed your backyard,and found a monorail car,you might be a redneck.):cool:

chrisaustx
10-01-2006, 09:09 AM
I read the bid proposal from WDI months ago that was posted online. This company in Canada was hired to seperate the undercarriage from the body of the monorail. The next step for the monorail is for the 1967 undercarriage to be refurbished, and joined with the new monorail bodies that are being made in Jaurez, Mexico. The next step might be for the old monorail blue body to be crushed/recycled, and the under carriage to be joined with the new monorail body being made in Mexico by TPI Composites. I don't know if this company in Canada was hired to just do the separation of the under carriage, or if they will do the whole job of rehabbing the 1967 undercarriage. If Robsmustang sees the undercarriage being packed on a truck and the shell of monorail blue remaining, then we know the new monorail will be constructed someplace else.
Robsmustang, if you see any large sections wrapped in large white shrink wrap type packaging, please take lots of photos of them. It looks like the new nose cones for the new monorail are wrapped in white shrink wrap, and are being propped up by a wooden base. So if you see anything else that looks bigger than this, that is large and shrink wrapped, please take some photos. This is one of the sections of the 1967 undercarriage, you can see on the ends how it was ripped out.
http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/photos/99107375-S.jpg

Alex S.
10-01-2006, 10:38 AM
On the topic of finding monorail in unexpected places, I'll point you all to an article (http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=bd040715kb) we ran back in July 2004 about the ultimate fate of a couple Mark IV monorails from Walt Disney World and how we found them out in the Nevada desert.

Scroll about 2/3rds of the way down the page.

robsmustang
10-01-2006, 11:50 AM
thanks for posting my pic's once again darkbeer!

chrisaustx thanks for the info very informative. i will keep my eyes open for the new bodies to arrive, wich i believe they will since there is already new nose and tail cones here.