PDA

View Full Version : Favorite places to eat in Disneyland

Tinkerbell 62
09-24-2006, 06:17 PM
Hi!
We will be going to Disneyland this Spring. We were there a few years ago and ate at Goofy's Kitchen for dinner which was great. We wanted to eat at the Blue Bayou but did not get a chance to. Any suggestions on favorite places that you have enjoyed?
Thanks! :)

stan4d_steph
09-24-2006, 06:25 PM
Check out this recent thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=60819&highlight=favorite).

Tinkerbell 62
09-24-2006, 06:31 PM
Thanks!

Vegitabeta
09-25-2006, 04:00 AM
Blue Bayou! Honestly can't think of anything else right now:confused:

disneyochem
09-25-2006, 05:34 AM
One of our favorite places to eat in Disneyland is the Carnation Cafe. The food is good and the prices are reasonable. It is a great place to sit down and people watch! My kids love getting the pbj palette kids' meal.

And, of course, we like Red Rocket Pizza Port. We buy pasta and salads to split. Pretty quick and tasty.

june1st1997
09-25-2006, 05:46 AM
We love Bengal Barbecue. It was supposed to be closing, but I think I read that was on hold. Anyway, Grilled meats and vegetable with great sauces. Yum yum yum.

Also I LOVE Club Buzz... Burger place in Tomorrowland. We have driven down on a friday night just to get a burger. Sooo good.

Bon Appetite

Mom2
09-25-2006, 06:32 AM
Oh my, the pizza at Storytellers Cafe at the Grand Californian. It is sooooo good. We usually eat some there and have also brought it back to our room.

Stupid_American
09-25-2006, 07:14 AM
Oneof my favorite foods is the turkey leg, found at numerous carts throughout DL.
We enjoy it while watching Billy Hill at the Golden Horseshoe.

http://cheapeatsbangkok.com/photos/disney/leg.jpg

dlandnut
09-25-2006, 07:20 AM
River Belle Terrace in the morning for breakfast. Always a family tradition.

Bacon-wrapped asparagagus at the Bengal BBQ.

Blue-Bayou, although last time I ate there (June 2005) it was lousy. I'm hoping it was just a "bad meal", because I've always loved to eat there and enjoy the food/ambience.

Corn Dogs at the Corn Dog Castle in California Adventure.

:)

Mom2
09-25-2006, 07:38 AM
Did anyone have the carmel apple dippers or something like that...they had it at a couple of places a few years ago. Like mini apple pies with carmel sauce. So yummy. And deep fried cheesecake or chocolate covered cheeseceke on a stick. Sadly, I dont think they have either of these anymore...or do they?

Vegitabeta
09-25-2006, 08:26 AM
Oneof my favorite foods is the turkey leg, found at numerous carts throughout DL.

http://cheapeatsbangkok.com/photos/disney/leg.jpgThat is a good Turkey Leg pic! lol...Actually, I've never had one. I used to be a veggie:rolleyes:

Yes-Corn Dog Castle! Good stuff:)

mystycalchyk
09-25-2006, 08:32 AM
corndogs mmmmmmmmmmm. Must have one at least every trip.

But we like Carnation Cafe. Very reasonably priced and quite yummy. I miss Oscar though :(

MaraMouse
09-25-2006, 09:25 AM

http://cheapeatsbangkok.com/photos/disney/leg.jpg

Those turkey legs looked and smelled so good, but I never had the courage to get one, they intimidated me because they were so huge! lol, plus, I saw 2 guys sharing one, and I thought "geez I'll never finish this".. But now I regret it, and will have to try, maybe save it for POTC and then take it out in the middle of the ride and eat it like a pirate lol

Oh and bf and I love the food at The Plaza Inn Restaurant, we also liked sitting by the window and watching busy Main street :)

azlaura
09-25-2006, 10:16 AM
Off topic...what happened to Oscar???

Vegitabeta
09-25-2006, 10:20 AM
Who's Oscar?

DadandFamily
09-25-2006, 10:50 AM

I believe that Oscar (Marshmallow?) was the Turkey pardoned by President Bush (http://www.whitehouse.gov/holiday/thanksgiving/2005/images/pardon2005.jpg). Usually, the pardoned turkeys are to Frying Pan Park farm in Fairfax County, Virginia. This year, the National Turkey and its alternate were taken to Disneyland Resort and Theme Park in Anaheim, California to be a part of the holiday display and "where they will stay the remainder of their natural lives. Both the turkeys will serve as honorary Grand Marshals for Disneyland’s annual Thanksgiving Day Parade."

I was at the park yesterday and looked for the Turkeys in their Big Thunder Ranch pen but did not see them. But I didn't check with the turkey leg vendors, either. Hummm?

stan4d_steph
09-25-2006, 11:16 AM
I believe that Oscar (Marshmallow?) was the Turkey pardoned by George Bush.Actually, that was Marshmallow and Yam, and they're both dead now.

Oscar is a longtime foods CM, although I don't know what he is up to these days.

annieb727
09-25-2006, 11:39 AM
Actually, that was Marshmallow and Yam, and they're both dead now.

Oscar is a longtime foods CM, although I don't know what he is up to these days.

When I was there, there was an older gentleman wearing a chef's hat at Carnation Cafe with a nametag that read "Oscar" -- this was just over a week ago. So if this is Oscar...then he's still there! He was going around to tables asking how our meals were.

mystycalchyk
09-25-2006, 11:53 AM
good to know. He had told us this was his last year and that he would be retiring, and I hadnt seen him the last two times I went so I had thought he went ahead and retired. Glad to know he is still there :).

We heart Oscar :)

my3girls
09-25-2006, 12:12 PM
My favorite place to eat is Rancho del Zocalo for the tostada salad. Each time I've gone there the salad has been delicious and filling. I'm craving one right now, too bad I can't get there and back before I have to pick up the kids from school!

Clotho
09-25-2006, 12:27 PM
Turkey legs are at the top of my list (hubby and I always share one between us), but you asked for a PLACE.

My favorite place to eat was always Cafe Orleans. Get your yummy food and some beignets, sit out in the courtyard under the shade of the trees, peoplewatch and see the train come and go, and if the timing is right, catch some entertainment on the outdoor stage. Now that it is table service, I don't know if it still remains my favorite, but the location is great either way. I love NOS!