PDA

View Full Version : Crowds 1 - 4 August:what can I expect?

CarlieB
05-13-2002, 12:55 PM
I will be at the resort with my boyfriend and 2 friends from 1 - 4 August, and was wondering what the crowds would be like (I think the 1st is a Thursday and the 4th is a Sunday). I am thinking that the Thursday & Friday will be slightly less crowded, but am not really sure. Any advice for how to deal with the crowds would be appreciated:-)

Matterhorn Fan
05-13-2002, 06:15 PM
It's going to be crowded and it's going to be hot. Carry a water bottle and wear sunscreen.

As for dealing with the crowds: Expect them to be awful, that way there's no suprises. DCA should be a little less crowded, so if the crowds at DL start to make you grumpy, try going over there for a while. Use FastPass (there's a thread somewhere in here about the new FastPass rules--if you haven't yet, go read that thread). Do Fantasyland in the morning when the lines (which are pretty much all in the sun) are shorter. Same goes for ToonTown--it's more fun when it's just opened and there aren't many people there. Take breaks in the afternoons to go back to the hotel and nap or swim, or do the sitting-down-air-conditioned stuff (Animation Building, Blast, Muppets, HISTA, Golden Horseshoe, etc.).

I'm sure some of the others will have more suggestions.

Dreamstaker
05-13-2002, 06:27 PM
Use the train to get around. Get a fast pass for another (or same) ride as soon as the time is ready before you go on the ride of your first fast pass. Rest often and don't rush. Don't try to do everything and have fun!!

RideMax Mark
05-13-2002, 07:30 PM
I've got a few crowd-beating tips posted on my web site. (http://www.funplans.com/disneyland/tips.html)

Also, even though the parks will be crowded, you do have the advantage of early opening (at 8AM), late closing, and two showings of Fantasmic! daily.

Have a great trip!

Uncle Dick
05-13-2002, 11:21 PM
I was at the parks the first weekend in August last year and it was rather crowded. Even Superstar Limo had a line! I'd recommend spending the majority of your Saturday in DCA, simply because the crowds in Disneyland will be unpleasant. If the afternoon heat starts to get to you, head over the Grand Californian and just chill in the lobby after a quick bite to eat/drink at White Water Snacks. The GCH is the best place to relax at the DLR.

CarlieB
05-14-2002, 01:16 PM
Cool - thanks for the advice and tips:-)