PDA

View Full Version : My family and I are headed to Disneyland Sunday Sept 24, 2006

DadandFamily
09-23-2006, 08:25 PM
If you would like me to check out something for you, photos of something, etc., please let me know.

Disneymademoiselle
09-23-2006, 10:47 PM
Looks like I'll be seeing you there, DadandFamily ;)

daisylovesdk
09-23-2006, 11:38 PM
ill be there too :D

DadandFamily
09-25-2006, 09:55 AM
Sunday (Sept 25) at Disneyland. What a beautiful day! Blue skies and mild temperature.

We started the day having breakfast at the Garden Grove McDonalds where our kids played for about an hour and mom and dad had their coffee. We then left for the park and arrived about 10:30 am. On entering the parking, we were handed a free auto air freshener in the shape of Mickey Mouse promoting Disney's Halloween Time. Using some tricks learned from past experience, we parked right near the elevators in the Mickey and Friends parking structure. As is our habit, we used the bathroom at the bottom of the parking structure - one of the best bathrooms on the property.

With two strollers, we can only ride in the front or back of the tram. We took the back of the tram to avoid getting bumped by the handicap who have priority in the front of the tram.

We bought new annual passports, but decided to use our old annual passes since they had not expired yet. Wrong idea! Apparently, when you renew your annual passports, the old ones are electronically invalidated even though the dates on the card still say the card are valid. After some crotchety old CM refused our entry into the park saying that our Southern California passport did not work on Sundays (which I knew was not true), I went to guest services who explained everything and gave us temporary passes to get in the park. We returned to the entrance turnstiles just in time to see that crotchety old CM hunched over and leaving for a break (does anyone know this CM or have expericence this CM?)

On entering the park, we went to the town hall and purchased a commemorative stone. At the end of main street, we got our usual free cup of ice and filled it from the 2 liter soda bottle we brought with us. A two liter bottle usually lasts us through ought the day. Time passed by quickly and our kids were hungry and tired. We hung out for about an hour on a shady bench near the Frontierland gate listening to the fiddler player as both kids slept. After they awoke, we ate the lunch we brought - hard boiled eggs, macaroni and cheese, hotdogs, watermelon, carrots, and cooked cauliflower.

Rested and fed, we next passed by POTC as the line was way too long and ended up on The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh ride. After a stop to color at Big Thunder Ranch, we made it to King Arthur Carrousel. We put our one year old daughter on her own horse for the first time and she grabbed the pole with her two little hands. She loved it. How do we know? She refused to let go of the pole after the ride stopped. After unbuckling her, and raising her little body, she screamed and continued to cling to the pole like someone caught in a hurricane and holding on for dear life. After prying her lose, we went on two more times to appease her.

Naturally, once we are deep in one park, my three year old son wants to go to the other park. From the DCA Farris wheel, he wants to go on It's A Small World ride next. From King Arthur Carrousel, he wanted to go see Playhouse Disney in DCA. After the long trek to DCA, we hung out in the Animation building courtyard for about 45 minutes dancing and singing waiting for the next show for Playhouse Disney to arrive.

From Playhouse Disney, we got the free tortillas at Mission Tortilla Factory, had dinner from the food we had brought (plus the tortillas) and headed to the DCA Farris wheel (http://www.photoworkshop.com/photoworkshop/members/lacajun/31308.jpg). After the ride, we decided to go home. We then walked through the Grand Californian Hotel towards the tram. The line were way too long, so we decided to walk back to the parking structure. As we did, both kids fell asleep tired, but happy.