PDA

View Full Version : No Space Mountain For Me (+ an acro ?)

SzczerbiakManiac
05-13-2002, 09:18 AM
Uncle Dick and I boarded Space Mountain yesterday. Since I have long legs, I did my usual fold one leg under and put the other on the other side of the car as I have done many, many times before. I was politely asked by the CM to put both my legs under the lap-bar in front of me. I told him I can't do that and that I've ridden this way many times. I was then informed that a new California law went into effect around two weeks ago (I'm guessing May 1st) that requires this. Because all the cars on our train were locked & loaded at that point, the train was diverted to the maintenance bay (or whatever it's called) to the left of the control tower and were helped out row by row. Everyone else boarded the next available train and I exited and waited for Uncle Dick on the "benches" near the loo outside.

Unless the new trains have more leg-room, I guess I won't be riding Space Mountain ever again. That's a real bummer for me because it was one of my favorite coasters (not just at DLR). It also makes me wonder if I'll be able to ride California Screamin' again because I had to do the same leg-thing on that one (and that's an even tighter squeeze). <heavy, depressed sigh>

To Disney's credit, a CM actually came out and looked for me to give me a pass that would let me bypass the line on the ride (attraction, whatever) of my choice. She was very polite and reiterated that this law just recently went into effect.

Now here's the question part of my post: in the upper left corner of this pass were the letters "JKNSADLA". Does anyone know what they stand for? I assume it's an acronym because there aren't enough vowels to make a real word.(Yes, I know many of you are looking at my screen name and saying the same thing. ;) )

See you all on Space Mou... oooohhhhh :(

RideMax Mark
05-13-2002, 09:26 AM
I guess I'm lucky -- even though I'm 6'8" I've somehow always managed to fold both legs under the one lap bar, despite the skeptical looks from the CMs before I board.

Ghoulish Delight
05-13-2002, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by RideMax Mark
I guess I'm lucky -- even though I'm 6'8" I've somehow always managed to fold both legs under the one lap bar, despite the skeptical looks from the CMs before I board. Hrmm, I wonder if those skeptical looks have less to do with whether your legs will fit than whether you'll come back to the station with your hands intact, or maybe a nice new haircut thanks to the rather tight support structure in there!!

Mouse
05-13-2002, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by SzczerbiakManiac
Unless the new trains have more leg-room, I guess I won't be riding Space Mountain ever again....
..."JKNSADLA". Does anyone know what they stand for?

Sorry to hear that!

JKNSADLA: "Just Kut 'N' Side Any DisneyLand Attraction"

Well, I would only bet on the last four letters...

Mouse
05-13-2002, 09:38 PM
Wait! Can I change my vote?

JKNSADLA

JK(you've got me!) No Strings Attached (the name for Disneyland's guest compensation program), DisneyLand Attraction.

tabacco
05-13-2002, 09:44 PM
Disneyland Attractions, is more likely, to show what dept. it came from.