PDA

View Full Version : shopping entrance to disneyland

Boo's Mommy
09-22-2006, 01:41 PM
Does anyone know if you are still allowed to enter disneyland park for an hour or so just to do shopping? I remembered they used to allow that and if you overstayed, you had to pay the daily park fee, otherwise, you were allowed in for free to shop on main street?
What i don't remember was if this was only allowed in the morning before the park opened or during park hours only. I was hoping to do this on a Sunday (get a little early shopping in and take the photos and stuff for my Annual Pass - which is a SoCal Select, so I can't normally gain entrance on Sunday anyway).

Darkbeer
09-22-2006, 01:52 PM
If you have a SoCal Select AP voucher, or plan to buy one on Sunday, NO WORRIES! :fez:

Disney's official policy is that the first day of use of a new AP is NEVER blocked out. So just show the voucher at the Main turnstiles and enjoy the day. After entering the turnstiles for the last time that day, go to the Bank of Main Street to get your photo and real AP card.

The reason for this policy is to allow for the selling of the AP's every day at the ticket windows, and to help promote folks to upgrade.....

Boo's Mommy
09-22-2006, 01:56 PM
wonderful! but can i park-hop into california adventures that same day too?
we're staying at the GCH, so it's mostly an access convenience issue.

ghoofie
09-22-2006, 01:59 PM

Yep !!

tod
09-22-2006, 02:41 PM

Theoretically, yes, but the GCH entrance to DCA is not equipped to issue ticket media, like a shopping pass. So you couldn't use that gate to get in -- or out.

--t

Darkbeer
09-22-2006, 02:49 PM
But if you alreay have your SoCal Select AP, or buy one at the GCH front desk, you can use it to enter DCA and then Disneyland. The rules state that you need to proces that voucher and get a photo on the first day, and I recommend you don't process it until the last time you enter the gates, as once you get your AP, the system will say you are blocked out, though they will override it, though sometimes the CM will require a supervisor to come over. (taking time from your day)

hlbtimes2
09-22-2006, 08:05 PM
If you do process it, be sure to keep your receipt on you for the day. It will speed things up if you do get questioned at the gate.