PDA

View Full Version : Delta Daddios in N.O. Square!

jcruise86
09-22-2006, 12:04 PM
Yesterday I took my 14-month daughter to Disneyland for her first time. Her favorite part of this wonderful day was watching and hearing the Delta Daddios perform in New Orleans Square. These acapella singers were the most talented and personable musicians I've ever heard at Disneyland. Disneyland should double their salaries, let them sleep in the castle, and keep them performing there!

Another Dimension
09-22-2006, 02:23 PM
They are very talented and personable!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vkYrBwite0

:)

DadandFamily
09-22-2006, 02:31 PM
They are very talented and personable!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vkYrBwite0 :)

What a great link! Thanks. These guys must be very new as I can't find anything about them on the Internet. Does anyone know where they came from or any history about their group?

jcruise86
09-22-2006, 08:27 PM
THANKS for that excellent clip!

(Of course, they are even better in person.) I'm surprised that a dozen other Mouseplaneteers didn't chime in to join in praising the Delta Daddios!

Maybe this should be a new thread, but what is your favorite live Disneyland musical group?

The Disneyland Band sounded good, but they seemed bored when we watched them. They weren't spreading joy and it was a beautiful day.

The pirate band didn't seem to be having too much fun either, but they sounded pretty good.

But did I mention how fun and fantastic the Delta Daddios were?! (Oh, I guess I did.)

The pianist who plays in the lobby of GCH was wonderful too!

nmjohnston874
09-23-2006, 08:01 AM
I'm not sure, but I think these were the guys who serenaded my teenage daughter while we dined at BB a few years ago. It made a wonderful trip even more magical.

Another Dimension
09-23-2006, 01:43 PM

Disneyland had a soul a capella group perform in NOS for a few years called
Side Effect.

I saw the Delta DaddyO's one day performing near the fountain, from the DLRR, and I didn't know they weren't Side Effect at that time.
But they sounded just as good from a distance!

I don't know if the Delta DaddyO's are just Side Effect re-named or if they are a completely or partially different group of gentlemen or not.

But they sure are talented and great at getting the Guests in NOS dancing.

:D

olegc
09-24-2006, 08:15 AM
as with all of the other musical acts in NOS (and main street) they all recently went through a recycling of talent and renaminig some acts. The "idea" of the acts (a capella group, dixieland group, jazz trio) remain.

Another Dimension
09-24-2006, 10:10 AM
as with all of the other musical acts in NOS (and main street) they all recently went through a recycling of talent and renaminig some acts. The "idea" of the acts (a capella group, dixieland group, jazz trio) remain.

I wouldn't say all of the acts in NOS were recycled or changed.

The Royal Street Bachelors remain un-renamed and un-changed as to musicians... and Ernie, who started with the RSB, was playing solo sets long before these recent stupid changes in Disneyland bands.

The Delta DaddyO's have been around NOS since at least early Spring.

DadandFamily
09-25-2006, 12:19 PM
Does anyone know why the Delta Daddy-o's are not listed in the Disneyland Park Entertainment Times Guide?

cstephens
09-25-2006, 12:24 PM
As I recall, atmosphere talent isn't included in the regular Times Guide. I believe they are listed in the CM guide, so just ask a CM to look in their guide for you.

oregontraveler
09-25-2006, 12:54 PM
The Delta DaddyO's have been around NOS since at least early Spring.

Disneyland doo-wop, how cool is that. Although I did not see them around
back in August. The Pirate act seemed to be the main act then.

I do agree Disney seems be stirring the pot up with the music acts lately, which might be a good thing in the long run. It will be interesting to see how
the Dapper Dans reselove their issues with management (today's DLR update)

jrad32
09-26-2006, 11:02 AM
Off topic, but Jcruise how did your 14 month do at D-land. I'm thinking about taking my daughter when she is about that age or a little older. Did she enjoy it? People always tell me that this age is not old enough and they won't remember, but I hear great reports on this board with that age group.

annieb727
09-26-2006, 11:48 AM
Off topic, but Jcruise how did your 14 month do at D-land. I'm thinking about taking my daughter when she is about that age or a little older. Did she enjoy it? People always tell me that this age is not old enough and they won't remember, but I hear great reports on this board with that age group.

we took our son to WDW when he was almost one year old (he turned 1 the day we drove home). he liked it there...there was so much to see and most rides he could go on. I know he doesn't remember it, but that's ok. He still had the birthday pooh bear we bought for him, and we have lots of pictures. We also made a decision, this trip was not about HIM...it wasn't a trip FOR him...it was a trip for US. We KNEW he wouldn't remember it, but we enjoyed watching him take it all in. We did all the big rides using the child swap passes and we had a blast. And he didn't mind the waiting around...we'd take him out of the stroller and let him wander around (only as far as his harness would let him go).

odnamraortsac
09-26-2006, 12:25 PM

Disneyland had a soul a capella group perform in NOS for a few years called
Side Effect.

I saw the Delta DaddyO's one day performing near the fountain, from the DLRR, and I didn't know they weren't Side Effect at that time.
But they sounded just as good from a distance!

I don't know if the Delta DaddyO's are just Side Effect re-named or if they are a completely or partially different group of gentlemen or not.

:D
When I saw them in person last weekend I recognized some, if not all, of their faces and just assumed that the "Delta Daddy-O's" were "Side Effect" with a new name.

ghoofie
09-26-2006, 02:35 PM
When I saw them in person last weekend I recognized some, if not all, of their faces and just assumed that the "Delta Daddy-O's" were "Side Effect" with a new name.

When the Barncats quit playing in DCA and the Miner 49ers took over,
at least one of them was from the Barncats. The bass player. He lets
me play bass with them.

jrad32
09-27-2006, 08:21 AM
Thanks Annie!

drjones
09-27-2006, 05:48 PM
how funny that this thread popped up now when i get a chance to browse. The faily was in DL las week and we did finally see the pirate musicians. (I liked 'em). we also saw the Delta Daddy O's as well. They really have to be seen in person. The youtube video does not do them justice. After they were done with their set, one of them came over to us and started chatting. Apparently, he recognized my wife. He lives in our neighborhood and we shop at the same Vons. It IS a Small World After All...