PDA

View Full Version : Crowds during MouseAdventure?

Mushka
09-21-2006, 06:00 PM
We are so excited for our upcoming Disneyland vacation - We will be at DL, staying at the PP, beginning Novemeber 4, through to the morning of the 8th. We have purchcased 3 day passes (thanks, Gay Days!!!) and were planning on going to the park on Saturday,S unday, and Monday. What with the MouseAdventure thing on Sunday, are we better to go to the beach on Sunday and do DL on Sat, Mon and Tues? I like the idea of fewer crowds, but we still wanted to see some 'weekend" stuff like fireworks etc.

Also, can I just say that all of y'all's enthusiasm for DL is completely infectious? I can hardly stand to wait until Novemeber to go. This will be my first trip to DL (40th Birthday trip!!) and I'll be travelling w/ my DH, and no kiddos.

nightdesigns
09-21-2006, 07:03 PM
MA doesn't attract that big of a crowd, maybe a thousand or so. Here's pictures from the past event http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=mm060503as and you can see, it's not that many people. And they usually pick days that aren't the crowded anyway.

kisroo
09-21-2006, 07:13 PM
Yeah, but you have to put up with those crazy padders as well as the ones who follow them around with clipboards and red pens...
:~D

I would tend to agree with nightdesigns. I don't think that MA will overly crowd the park. Heck, you might even have fun trying to pick the MousePlaneters out from the rest of the DL crowd. ;)

Have a great trip!

~kisroo:)

RStar
09-21-2006, 07:18 PM
And while we are there a the park, we aren't on many rides, so we don't make the lines longer.....

Not to mention most of us are there on a Sunday anyway.

Have fun, and happy 40th!

nightdesigns
09-21-2006, 09:36 PM
I would tend to agree with nightdesigns. I don't think that MA will overly crowd the park. Heck, you might even have fun trying to pick the MousePlaneters out from the rest of the DL crowd. ;)

Tip: Look for the numbers on their arms (clipboards help).

Mushka
09-22-2006, 12:09 PM
Great - we may re-consider Sunday, then. And thanks for not going on the rides!!! (just kidding!!)

nvmom
09-22-2006, 08:20 PM
We were there during Mouse Adventure on our very trip to DLR in March 2005. Didn't seem to affect the crowds at all. I'd recently discovered this board and was all excited that I could tell dh what these people were doing! :) He wanted to ask some Adventure-ers some questions... but everyone seemed very involved their adventure so we didn't bother anybody. :)

nvmom

Swhite
09-24-2006, 04:49 AM
Hi Mushka-

Me and my DH are going the exact same time-for our 20th anniversary. We are about the same age-I'm 39. We too are leaving the kiddos behind. Only, they didn't want to go (ages 19 and 18) I am sad about that, sort of. It will be our first trip for just the two of us in about 15 yrs.

We are staying at PP. So excited!!!

GrumpyUTboi
09-24-2006, 08:21 AM
Sat are so much busier than Sun

Mushka
09-24-2006, 09:12 AM
SWhite - we have no kiddos to leave behind...only a dog that will be happily running through the woods at her grandparents, no knowing what she is missing!!!

I actually (eventually) want to do DL w/ all of my nieces and nephews, but I wanted the 1st time to be "all about me"!!!

Look for us at the PP - I'm short and uh, roundish! w/ dark hair - My husband is a foot taller than me. We're Canandian, so listen for the accent? I guess!

Swhite
09-24-2006, 07:07 PM
Okay, we will look for you.

We are Coloradans, both tall, redheaded hunky husband and brown haired wife (me).

Have a great first time. We go to Dland (relatively) a lot-- I was there last in September '05 with one of my daughters and two friends of ours. But this is our first time staying at PP.

adriennek
09-24-2006, 08:41 PM
MA doesn't attract that big of a crowd, maybe a thousand or so. Here's pictures from the past event http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=mm060503as and you can see, it's not that many people. And they usually pick days that aren't the crowded anyway.

Half that. 500ish at best.

Adrienne

dohgusgus
10-25-2006, 12:46 PM
I am going Nov. 4th the day before Mouseadventure and I was wondering if I should be expecting large crowds. :confused:

adriennek
10-25-2006, 01:10 PM
I am going Nov. 4th the day before Mouseadventure and I was wondering if I should be expecting large crowds. :confused:

No. MouseAdventure only adds around 500 people to the weekend attendance.

Adrienne

AVP
10-25-2006, 01:29 PM
There will be around 500 people in the park for MouseAdventure - that's less than 1 - 2% of the total attendace. We really do write the game to try to minimize the impact on "day" guests. You'll notice our teams, but hopefully not because they are standing in your way. Teams may be required to go on or in attractions, but we don't tend to put them on low-capacity rides.

AVP

adriennek
10-25-2006, 01:41 PM
There will be around 500 people in the park for MouseAdventure - that's less than 1 - 2% of the total attendace. We really do write the game to try to minimize the impact on "day" guests. You'll notice our teams, but hopefully not because they are standing in your way. Teams may be required to go on or in attractions, but we don't tend to put them on low-capacity rides.

And the teams won't be noticable on Saturday, just on Sunday the 5th.

Adrienne