PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Zone MVP Club Priority Seating

Reegster
09-21-2006, 09:19 AM
I just arranged priority seating for this Sunday's Denver at New England NFL game. Has anyone else used this service and if so, is there anything I need to know?

sandiegorob
09-21-2006, 09:35 AM
I haven't but I'd like a report when you get back. I'll be up there in about 3 weeks and would like to do the priority seating on a Saturday.

ghoofie
09-21-2006, 09:37 AM
This is what happened to us when I got P.S for Monday night football on Sept 11, last week.

When I called, she said 5:00 pm is the latest they will take PS.

When we arrived at 5:00pm we were informed by the check-in host that there is a wait of anywhere from 30 minutes to indefinite due to Monday football. But we could sit in the family section immediately. (So what good was P.S ? I assumed it was for the 'big screen' room).

Regarding the 'big screen' room .. they had a $10 per hour , per person minimum charge. Not so in the other room.

We really didn't wanna eat dinner early as 5pm..but took the reservation time expecting the ESPNzone to be full. The 'other' room was quite empty. We could have arrived much later and got a table.

The apple/walnut salad is GREEEEEAAAAAAT ! It is on the menu for $12/13 (don't remember exactly). I wanted if for a 'side'...so they brought be a smaller portion for less than half the cost.

sandiegorob
09-21-2006, 10:20 AM
We were there last year for the Notre Dame USC game. They had a $10 per person minimum charge, even in the family section. They also ran out of the "large" beer mugs and it took forever to get my beer after I ordered it.

Ahkeela
09-21-2006, 11:49 AM
Thank you so much for posting that! We are leaving today for Disneyland and we were hoping to watch the Pittsburgh vs Cincinatti game on Sunday at 10:00. We have been able to watch a few Steelers games there but we never knew about the MVP Club. I just signed up and was able to get a reservation! No recliner though...

Just curious, previously we had to go to ESPN Zone on Saturday night for "tickets" for the next days games. Does anyone know if they still do this or should my MVP Club reservation be enough?

Thanks again!

Monte Cristo
09-21-2006, 12:10 PM
I've never understoodthe allure of ESPN Zone. It's loud, the food is mediocre, and it costs a small fortune.

Disneygirl65
09-21-2006, 12:12 PM
I've never understoodthe allure of ESPN Zone. It's loud, the food is mediocre, and it costs a small fortune.

Booze, sports,...what's not to get?

Darkbeer
09-21-2006, 12:34 PM
Actually I really like the food at the ESPN Zone, it is quite good, and many of my friends agree.

But I stopped by rescently to aks about the NFL policy, and they didn't have a set policy, if it is busy, they will charge the $10 an hour at the Screening Room, and sometimes the main restuarant.

That is why I tend to watch the games at the NHL bar.....No minimum purchase, and so long as you are sitting at the bar, they will serve the full menu to you.

Reegster
09-21-2006, 02:09 PM
Thank you so much for posting that! We are leaving today for Disneyland and we were hoping to watch the Pittsburgh vs Cincinatti game on Sunday at 10:00. We have been able to watch a few Steelers games there but we never knew about the MVP Club. I just signed up and was able to get a reservation! No recliner though...

Cool, I am glad it worked out for you, even if you are a Steelers fan :p

Those recliners are cool but they tend to isolate from the others in your party.

Have Fun!

rentayenta
09-21-2006, 03:57 PM
Actually I really like the food at the ESPN Zone, it is quite good, and many of my friends agree.

But I stopped by rescently to aks about the NFL policy, and they didn't have a set policy, if it is busy, they will charge the $10 an hour at the Screening Room, and sometimes the main restuarant.

That is why I tend to watch the games at the NHL bar.....No minimum purchase, and so long as you are sitting at the bar, they will serve the full menu to you.

Screening room, family room, what's the difference? I really want DH to be able to relax in one of the big chairs with a remote and beer. :D

RockDoc07
09-21-2006, 04:16 PM
Actually, the MVP Club that you sign up for free with on the Internet is only for "next available seating" It is not a reservation at all and doesn't guarantee you any seats. That's why you were told that they could seat you in the family secion immediately, because it's next available seating. Basically, it functions like a Front of the Line (or FastPass if you will) and doesn't allow you to call ahead and sit down as soon as you get there. This is the same for all the ESPN Zones.

I actually like having the ESPN Zone in DTD. It's a good distraction if you want to get away from the Disney feel for a while and if you like sports. The day we were there, we actually hopped on the monorail from Tomorrowland and took it over there, sat down and relaxed while we had lunch and watched the USA vs Italy World Cup game with a room full of soccer fans cheering for both sides, and being really loud. It was a LOT of fun!

I hope you enjoy the visit!

Cool Runnings,
Doc

Reegster
09-21-2006, 04:37 PM

I agree with Darkbeer, the food is good. The last time we were in town we ended up there for breakfast and the French Toast is really killer.

Ahkeela
09-24-2006, 01:35 PM
We just got back to our hotel from the ESPN Zone (after just watching the Steelers lose :( )
The food was great and the service was impeccable! We really wanted to sit at a booth so we could watch our game on one of the monitors that sit on the tables (available in booths only). By the time we got there the booths were all full. Our MVP Club priority seating got us to a table quickly. I told our waitress we would prefer a booth and at half time she moved us to the next booth that became available. That made us really happy. (We usually go to ESPN Zone with our 2 kids, our daughter is disabled and in a wheelchair, so we always have to sit at a table.) Today Grandma took the kids to Disneyland and my husband and I got to go by ourselves for the first time. That is why we really wanted to sit in a booth. Anyway the place was full and loud, the food was great and we had a good time, even though our team lost.