PDA

View Full Version : Pirates Quest for Gold?

outlaw8
09-20-2006, 02:05 PM
SO what is this about?
http://www.knbr.com/contests/disneyland/
Does anyone know anything about it? IS Disneyland closing early the 28th?

amanda823s
09-21-2006, 06:42 AM
Never heard of it before now, but here's what they have posted in the official rules:

. COCA-COLA QUALIFYING ROUND PRIZES AND ODDS OF WINNING: (4) Qualifying Phase Prizes – A 4-day/3-night trip for four (4) to the Disneyland® Resort in California. Trip includes round-trip air coach transportation for four (4) from the airport nearest winner’s home to Los Angeles, CA, three (3) night’s accommodations (one room, quad occupancy) at a Sponsor-specified Disneyland® Resort hotel, ground transportation to/from airport/hotel, four (4) 4-day Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® tickets, and four (4) tickets to the "Quest for Gold" Event at Disneyland® Park on 9/28/06 from 9 p.m. – 1 a.m. (date and times subject to change). Winners must be available to travel to the Disneyland® Resort between 9/27/06 – 9/30/06 to participate in the Final Round. Qualifying Prize is non-transferable and winner will be required to present government issued photo ID to obtain a Final Round Game Piece during the Event. Only one (1) winner per household will be eligible to progress to the Final Round, regardless of means of entry.

Looks like it's happening after closing time, and it's only four families. Funny enough, we're going to be in Disneyland next week, but the only day we're not going is the 28th, lol.

LOYL2DZNY
09-21-2006, 10:09 AM
Oooh! I entered it through channel 7 abc/kgo. haven't heard anything so i'm assuming i'm not one of the winners. darn!

hlbtimes2
09-21-2006, 12:30 PM
Its part of the same promo/ game that many of us entered during the summer, from Kodak. For the kodak part you had to enter 3 photos. Someone on the wdwfinfo / "dis" board is going. Her husband won one of the trips from kodak.

Tink
09-26-2006, 07:25 AM
My boss and his sister-in-law both won a chance at this. His mother-in-law entered them and they had no idea what was going on when they received their 4 park hopper passes and other items in the mail this past Friday.

They were told that they had to be at the park between the hours of 9pm - 1am in order to win any prize. I find those hours weird but...

PAPACITO
09-26-2006, 11:08 AM
Thats cool. I am going to be working the event!!!

annieb727
09-26-2006, 11:18 AM
My boss and his sister-in-law both won a chance at this. His mother-in-law entered them and they had no idea what was going on when they received their 4 park hopper passes and other items in the mail this past Friday.

They were told that they had to be at the park between the hours of 9pm - 1am in order to win any prize. I find those hours weird but...

that's SO cool!!

PAPACITO
09-29-2006, 01:12 AM
I just got back from working with that event. It was so cool when the person won the 50,000 she was in a euphoria and she almost went over the Columbia ship when she found out. THe pirates had to grab her and pull her back.

Darkbeer
09-29-2006, 06:41 AM
Posting photos as I type.... (thanks to Linda from LP who won a radio contest for the pass)

Basically they had about 400 winners from selected contests, all who won 4 tickets plus in most cases, a hotel stay with plane tickets to Disneyland, and an invite to the contest.

Then when they checked in, they got a scratch off ticket to find about 20 winners that got to participate in the "finals".

The 20 got to ride the Columbia at 10:45 PM, the first round was a particular medallion, that each was given. About 10 folks got the winning medallion, second round was picking a "Jewel" from a bag, 3 folks found a winning jewel. Then they grabbed "mugs" of ale, each had a number on the bottom, which told them where to stand... Number 3 was the lucky one, as they unveiled the "flag" hung on the mast of the Columbia showed the winner....

Fun night, as only around 1,700 folks were in the park.... I grabbed my tripod and got some GREAT shots.....

stan4d_steph
09-29-2006, 08:38 AM
What was the grand prize?

PAPACITO
09-29-2006, 08:40 AM
50,000$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

annieb727
09-29-2006, 08:41 AM
sounds like an awesome fun time - wow imagine being at DL with LESS than 2000 people there! WOW!

Darkbeer
09-29-2006, 08:59 AM
sounds like an awesome fun time - wow imagine being at DL with LESS than 2000 people there! WOW!

And Darkbeer and a Tripod.... What a wonderful time.... Wait until I get all the photos uploaded..... Some GREAT Halloween Time Night shots:fez:

LOYL2DZNY
09-29-2006, 09:08 AM
...Wait until I get all the photos uploaded..... Soem GREAT Halloween Time Night shots:fez:

Oh, please hurry, hurry. I want to see them!!!! :D

Darkbeer
09-29-2006, 09:25 AM
I already loaded one card (Haunted Mansion Holiday), and working on the second... And still have one more to go after that (Currently about 1/2 way thru the second card, which is mostly the actual Quest for the Gold ceremony), the third card IMHO is the best....

You can go to the link below to see the upload in progress, as soon as it is finished, I will post it in the Sticky Photo thread.....

LOYL2DZNY
09-29-2006, 12:42 PM
Thanks so much Darkbeer! I can't wait to go now!!!!

corona
09-29-2006, 02:46 PM
Actually, there were up to 1700 preliminary winners, each who could bring 3 guests. Up to 50 of the 1700 got a winning game piece. I could post the rules in their entirety, but don't think it's necessary. The party was supposed to start at 9 PM, but I got in around 8, and there was a musical performance aboard the ship that probably started around that time.

wardkimballfan
09-29-2006, 04:15 PM
See, now that'd bring people in. Offer $50,000 a day to a lucky random winner and half of California will show up.