PDA

View Full Version : How would you rate parking?

EvaBryan
04-24-2001, 04:07 PM
How would you rate the proximity of "handicapped" parking to the gates? There is a small possibility that my dad will occassionally need a wheelchair when we visit in June, and I wanted to know how much of a trek we will have across 90+ degree parking lots.

Thanks!
Eva

39 days and counting!!!:D

rob
04-24-2001, 04:36 PM
Part of that depends on where you park. If you Park in Mickey and friends, temperature is not a problem as it is covered and that gives you shade. It might be in the mid-80's, but you will be on the first floormore than likely If you are in the former employee lot on Disney Way that would probably be the worst. Timon would be fairly good and Lion King might be a bit hard for you, but you could walk in through Downtown Disneythe big advantage with the Mickey and friends structure will be a much cooler car when you get back.

AVP
04-24-2001, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by EvaBryan
How would you rate the proximity of "handicapped" parking to the gates? There is a small possibility that my dad will occassionally need a wheelchair when we visit in June, and I wanted to know how much of a trek we will have across 90+ degree parking lots.

Thanks!
Eva

39 days and counting!!!:D

Hi Eva,

I would always suggest parking in the Mickey and Friends structure. It's shaded and covered, and generally easier to deal with.

The majority of disabled parking is on the ground floor of the structure - the Chip and Dale section. If you have a disabled parking placard or permanent plates, you will be directed to park on the ground floor, while other cars are sent to the upper levels.

While this will sound odd, I have a suggestion about this. Ask the CM at the toll booth what floor is currently being parked. If it's anything but the roof, you might want to ask to park there, rather than the ground floor. I know this seems strange, but there's a reason.

If you park on the ground floor, you have to walk across the outside Pinochio parking lot, through a gate in a fence and across the tram route to get to the tram loading area. If you park in the disabled spaces on any other lever (there are at least 10 on each floor), and take the nearby elevator to the tram loading level, you arrive on the correct side of the fence and avoid the whole walk.

Just my two cents! And, I understand the whole "counting" thing - I had our trip to Paris borken down to hours at one point!

Adrienne VP

EvaBryan
04-24-2001, 05:33 PM
Thanks for all of the info.

I acutally made a mistake - it is actually 38 days and counting!!! (and it is 9:30 PM - almost 37!)