PDA

View Full Version : passport still valid?

mahumana
05-12-2002, 07:25 PM
Way back last November, we visited the parks, buying a three day passport that expired in three years (yeah I know now that they only sell 15 day ones, but this was true)
ANYWAYS, the magnetic strip on the back of the ticket is flaking off of the ticket. Can I still use this ticket? Would they take it as a trade in??

I still have one day left on it....

anyone?

Wackokid
05-12-2002, 07:37 PM
you could call and ask or something...

socabch
05-12-2002, 07:45 PM
Try going to http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneylandresort/ and click on Guest Services on the bottom of the screen. Send them an e-mail and someone should get back to you in a day or two. I have had good luck with responses.

WOW!!!! 3 years!!! That's great.

Darkbeer
05-12-2002, 09:55 PM
Since they use the barcode at the resort, it shouldn't be a problem. When I was at the Park yesterday, the couple in front of me had comp tickets that didn't have a barcode (but had the magnetic strip). The CM had to enter the ticket's serial number into the "computer" key pad. (she had to check with another CM, and I overheard the entire conversation).

On the visit prior to that, after spending some time at DL, decided to grab a beer at DCA, and check out the crowds (or lack thereof...). After showing my AP at the gate, the CM asked to see my handstamp, well, I let her see my hand (which was stampless since I know that the stamp is on the card (check it out in blacklight.) After a few seconds, the light bulb appeared above her head, and she stated out loud, "You don't need a hand stamp!" I had a good laugh, and so did she....(I think the last few people before me were a bit "stressful" to her...")

tabacco
05-13-2002, 12:57 AM
As long as the barcode is intact, it's no problem. The turnstiles still have manual barcode scanners they can use.

And as a side note, 3 and 4 day hopper tickets you buy from the gate are STILL good for 2 years.

Darkbeer
05-13-2002, 01:16 AM
Last year, the "gate" aka the official ticket windows now located at the "Main Entry Plaza" previously known as the Esplanade did sell "discounted" park hoppers (get an extra day free) that had an experation date of two weeks. Check your ticket, many tickets are now only good for two weeks...

tabacco
05-13-2002, 11:40 AM
No... the gate never sold the 4-for-3 or 5-for-4 tickets. They were an offsite special. You could buy them from the Disney Store, AAA, travel agent, disney.com, or pretty much anywhere else except the actual ticket booths.

driftwood714
05-13-2002, 01:03 PM
The terminology was "Pre-Arrival Channels"... Besides the SoCal discount, the ticket booths don't give discounted rates you can pay for there at the Park when you get there.. Most discounts are pre-arrival.