PDA

View Full Version : Does Roger Rabbit ever make appearances anymore?

IdahoMike
09-20-2006, 06:59 AM
My kids are watching the Disney Sing-along DVD that is like 10 yrs old, or maybe more. It features Roger Rabbit quite prominently, and the boys were wondering why they didn't see Roger the last time we were at the park. Does he ever make appearances anymore, or has he been pretty much shelved due to the fact that the movie came out like 15 yrs ago?

thanks,
Mike

wishIwasthe_Mouse
09-20-2006, 07:01 AM
LOL good questoin. Wish I had the answer if he did still come around the park it would probably be around toon town.

bradk
09-20-2006, 07:21 AM
i believe he is way beyond exceedingly rare. i'm sure he's been discussed on here before. technically he's not even a disney character and there are a number of disney characters who are just as rare if not moreso. thumper always comes to mind.

Arnie
09-20-2006, 08:42 AM
According to the latest Disney Insider e-mail. Roger Rabbit will be appearing on a jack-o'-lantern near the Partners Statue during Disney's HalloweenTime.

Vegitabeta
09-20-2006, 09:10 AM
Will Jessica be there or is she too racy for DL?:)

MadasaHatter
09-20-2006, 10:44 AM
I remember seeing ROGER being led around by the JUDGE during the Mickey's Hallowe'en Event about five or more years ago. I seem to remember seeing him in Toon Town every now and then. He does have his own ride after all. I do indeed think that Jessica will NOT be making an appearance. Yes, a little to sexy...

The Real Cinderella
09-20-2006, 11:25 AM
Ah, sing along videos!! I used to love those!

It's interesting that you mention it, because I've never seen Roger Rabbit in the park. One could argue that it's been too many years, and not a movie popular with today's kids. But then, he does have his own ride, and Toon Town is straight out of his movie! They pass it off as "Mickey's Toon Town" but those of us who have seen the film know differently.

And Jessica Rabbit is my hero, by the way.

Bytebear
09-20-2006, 12:21 PM
I think I remember seeing him in California Adventure in the Hollywood area. I guess trying to tie in the Hollywood angle of the movie. Actually, that would be a good dark ride for that area, but is Roger Rabbit broad enough to support two attractions?

Mom2
09-20-2006, 01:22 PM
Yes, I believe Roger Robbit is "owned" by Amblin Entertainment. So that is why he isnt seen much as the park as far as I know. The last time we saw him, was a few years ago, on the Mark Twain Riverboat at the end of the Fantasmic show and I have seen him in a parade or two. He seems to have vanished since then.

WITron
09-20-2006, 08:17 PM
There was a couple of articles on Jim Hill's website about Roger Rabbit last week I believe and it discussed some of the issues as to why he is not seen around much.

dldhistory
09-22-2006, 11:22 AM
here is a shot of Roger Rabbit at Disneyland:

http://dldhistory.com/gallery.asp?Tab=Disneyland&Page=15&Ident=648&Current=96

Vegitabeta
09-22-2006, 12:15 PM
here is a shot of Roger Rabbit at Disneyland:

http://dldhistory.com/gallery.asp?Tab=Disneyland&Page=15&Ident=648&Current=96
Thanks for the photo, he's a good looking rabbit if ever there was one!

dldhistory
09-22-2006, 06:24 PM
Thanks for the photo, he's a good looking rabbit if ever there was one!

My pleasure....