PDA

View Full Version : Any word on the talking Mickeys like at WDW?

Doodle Duck
09-19-2006, 05:24 PM
There was talk awhile back (I think) about adding the Pal Mickey feature to DL. Anything to update?

Thanks
Doug

monoman
09-20-2006, 03:56 PM
Pal Mickey was added a long time ago.Unless I'm wrong, could someone proove me worng?:confused:

Dexter
09-20-2006, 05:15 PM
Pal Mickey was added a long time ago.Unless I'm wrong, could someone proove me worng?:confused:

Yup, you're wrong. Pal Mickey has not yet been added to the anehiem property at all, and honestly I hadn't heard anything other than they were thinking about it way back when and never saw anything come of it.

The only place to get one currently that I'm aware of is Orlando. I want one, but they don't yet offer him at Disneyland.

Good to see you again Doodle, it's been a long time!
If I somehow win the lotto and get to take a trip to WDW, I'd be happy to pick one up for you, but the odds of winning the lotto aren't all that great and he'd be pretty much useless at Disneyland currently :D

bradk
09-20-2006, 06:44 PM
it's probably a very bleak prospect. DLR really just doesn't offer the traffic and content that would make him viable. and to make him work in both parks would require an all new version as all the DL-specific phrases would need to be added to him.

i'm surprised they've received as little backlash as they have going from 1.0 -> 2.0, but I guess 1.0 is still useable.