PDA

View Full Version : Birthdays in the park

june1st1997
09-19-2006, 03:31 PM
Ok... I'm sorta venting... But I really would love some suggestions as well...

My Mother in Law is a crazy planner and she is asking about my daughter's 1st birthday(March 4th). I decided before she was born that we would have it at Disneyland. Yes I realize that at a one year old will not remember it... It is really for me.

I just got off the phone with Disney Dining and was mystified at the lack of birthday options. Happiest Birthday Celebration is it. It sounds cute... But I was looking for something more... well something that might put Princess Diana's wedding to shame, but I would settle for something smaller.

All kidding aside... I'm a Disneyland fanatic... what do you guys think of Happiest Birthday?

I'm also planning Minnie and friends character breakfast and maybe lunch at Cafe Orleans.

This will be her first birthday... and it's really just for family... But I want it to feel festive and party like and fun for the adults...

Any and all suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you thank you thank you...

mommy-san
09-19-2006, 03:53 PM
All i know is we did the birthday bucket etc. at Ariel's grotto... expensive but great for a 5 year old. Cake was yucky. Again, 5 year old loved it. Having the sticker from city hall helped us get some cool autographs too. But honestly there are so many birthdays there that they sometimes get overlooked by CM. My advice is get a t-shirt and pin that says birthday kid or something like that, and just enjoy being there. Mouse ears embroidered with 1st birthday would be cute too.

bradk
09-19-2006, 03:54 PM
here are some links for you to review.. don't vouch for their accuracy due to time:

http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/dlrbirthdays.html
http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=mm050412lp

shawnarae
09-19-2006, 04:19 PM
Last Fall we did a Birthday Party for my son's 4th birthday. It was at Plaza Inn and was $10 a person. So my family of 5 it totaled $50, not bad!! I think it started at 2pm outside. It was a cute pre-planned party with decorating cakes and getting pictures with Mickey & Minnie Mouse (who are all dressed up in their party clothes). I think it was fun and cute. My son thought it was special. I'd do it again. I reserved it prior to coming to the park, through Disney Dining. I think it is call "Happiest Birthdays on Earth".

shawnarae
09-19-2006, 04:22 PM
I do agree the Birthday Bucket is cute and my son felt so excited to get one delivered to pur GCH room. But the cake inside is YUCK! It was a pudding cake I guess. Especially for a child it was not very appealing. He would have rather had a big cookie! But I'd still order it again, as it was very special to get and he was SO EXCITED!