PDA

View Full Version : traveling to disneyland....TODAY!

disneyroxxx
09-17-2006, 07:22 AM
I'm leaving for Disneyland today! im really excited! were heading down the I-5 (were from oregon) and driving to Santa Nella, where we'll stay for one night (i wanted to drive all the way to anaheim, but my parents wouldnt be too happy after that.). next day, were gonna drive to anaheim, and i have to scream when i see the top of the matterhorn, and we will arrive at our hotel, our first time ever staying at a disney hotel, The Grand Californian!!! im really excited, since its a 5 star hotel, and we have never stayed on property before. so we get there, and just rest for the day. probably go swimming, check out the hotel. in the evening we have to have dinner with some friends of ours the Cavanaughs.( when we adopted my sister gemma, my dad went with families who are adopting to. since my dad became good friends with the families, we meet them every summer for about a week and do fun things. last year we went to disneyland with them, since they live in anaheim. next summer, theyre coming to our town.)
after, i think we just head back to the hotel, and go to bed. in the morning, we have early entry into fantasyland, and the rest of the day we do whatever we want. i tried to make this a little organized, but my family isnt really the itinerary type, so we just do whatever we want. and we still have fun. we are also supposed to meet my aunt gale in disneyland. we have a lot of relatives and friends in southern california. but that still doesnt convince my parents to move down there. they actually want to move even more north.
next day, we head into DCA through private entrance, and try to hit soarin first. then i will probably force my family (or whoever is tall enough ) to get on my favorite ride, TOT. then, us being our inorganized selves, will just go with the flow. but im making sure i go on california screamin (if its open) maliboomer, TOT 10 more times, and grizzly river run, no matter how cold it is that day.
this is our last day. :( i think were going to toontown morning madness, and then just spending the rest of the day hitting our few favorite rides, and some we havent been on yet. i think at some time, one of these three days, were having a character breakfast at storyteller's cafe. i wanted to go to goofy's kitchen, since it is the best,but,my parents, well , quote from poltergeist "to her, it is just another child, but to us, it is, the beast" so, we chose storyteller's, since its parent friendly. i think sometime we'll have to see the fireworks (if theyre still going on ) and the parade, which i have watched a bajillion times on my computer.
and this day, we have to head back, which is devastating. we are heading to sacramento to see my moms best friend, and staying for the night. then, we have to go back home, and i have to turn in all 100 pounds of homework for school. (i have a suitcase full of my homework. no kidding. im gonna take a picture of it, its crazy.)

well, my dad is yelling at me to start getting ready, and i think that means i have to get off the computer, so i'll see you all next week, or maybe while im at disneyland, since i have to do homework on my computer. hope you liked my disorganized itinerary thing!

-olivia.

Leap for Joy
09-17-2006, 07:50 AM
It sounds like you've got a good, flexible, plan that allows you to do everything you want to do. I hope you have a fabulous time!!!

Crazy4DL
09-17-2006, 08:56 AM
Have a wonderful time in Disenyland with your family!!!!! :D

Disorganized can be fun too. You sound like a sweetie . . hope you don't have to work too hard on that darn homework during your vacation.

disneyhound
09-17-2006, 09:49 AM
Have a great time!

I lived in Ashland, went to SOSC. My brother and I drove to SoCal from Ashland in one day. Took 11 hours, we went to Santa Monica, which is about 40 minutes from Anaheim. I understand not wanting to do that drive in one shot!

Post us a trip report when you get back. :)

splash
09-17-2006, 12:44 PM
I had to post a reply because my husband and I went to SOSC for college when it actually was SOSC and not SOU like now. How far is your drive disneyhound? We are up north in Washington now, but grew up in Central Point.

disneyhound
09-17-2006, 02:19 PM
I had to post a reply because my husband and I went to SOSC for college when it actually was SOSC and not SOU like now. How far is your drive disneyhound? We are up north in Washington now, but grew up in Central Point.
After I wrote that post, I was wondering if someone out there was going to tell me that the college in Ashland is SOU not SOSC! LOL! I spent a year there before transferring to OSU; GO BEAVS!!!!

We live over on the coast, so our journey to Anaheim would add another 3 hours to get to I-5 in Ashland, though we would probably head down into California on 101, then cut inland. 15 hour drive unless we hit traffic!

Fortunately, we fly to Anaheim for our yearly DL fix!