PDA

View Full Version : Need advice for DL visit on 9/17 (marathon day)

vickieluvsmickey
09-16-2006, 08:18 AM
We are going to DL tomorrow as guests for lunch at Club 33 (first time - yay!!:) ). I know the marathon is going on tomorrow, so I was hoping someone could fill me in on the parking, race start & finish times, etc. so that we may plan accordingly. We don't want to be late for lunch!

We are AP holders, so we pretty much know the routine of parking, timing, etc., but just wanted a little more info on what was going to be happening around the DLR area during the time we will be arriving.

We have to be at Club 33 at 11:00. I want to be in the park at 10:00 opening. Our current plan is to arrive at M&F structure at 9:00. Do we need more time? Also, what city streets will be closed at that time? We usually take Harbor Blvd. south from the 91, and turn right on Ball Rd. Should we take an alternate route?

We don't mind getting to DLR earlier than 9:00, if we need to. We could always have a light breakfast at La Brea Bakery.

Any info and advice to help plan our morning would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
~Vickie:)

Darkbeer
09-16-2006, 08:33 AM
The BEST route on Sunday...

Take the 91 east to the 5 south, and get off at Disneyland Drive (the Carpool lane is the best, and use the special exit), then use the special overpass that bypasses Ball Road and goes straight into the Parking Structure. Getting at the Structure at 9 AM is good.

vickieluvsmickey
09-16-2006, 08:38 AM
Thank you, Darkbeer! :)

Disnerd
09-16-2006, 08:45 AM
Here is a link to a pdf map of road closures for tomorrows race.

http://www.disneyparkspress.com/halfmarathon/info/Road_Closures.pdf

Good luck! :D