PDA

View Full Version : Candlelight Dining Question

animalx
09-15-2006, 11:57 AM
When they have the dinner packages and there is a minimum of $40.00 an adult and $15.00 Child. What is the actual age for a child? My kids are 11 and 13 and i don't think they can eat $40.00 worth of food . Any info would be great.:)

carolyn
09-15-2006, 12:38 PM
I don't know the age, I'm thinking probably 10. But if they have to order from the regular menu, don't forget to add on dessert. That will add about $10. Get it to go and eat it while you are waiting for the Candlelight Procession to begin. I saw lots of people doing that last year.

kimk
09-15-2006, 03:26 PM
I believe the age for a child vs. an adult candlelight ticket is the same as for regular park admission, ages 3-9 is considered child and 10 years and up is considered adult. Having gone the past few years I believe this is the explanation I was given by guest services.

kiwifuz
09-16-2006, 08:17 AM
Yeah unfortunately I do think that your "kids" would be classified as adults for dining purposes.

But, the minimum amount can be spread amongst the whole table. So if it's you & the kids, you just need to have your total bill be $120, not necessarily each person's portion has to be $40.

Last year when we did this we dined at Hooks Pointe, which was one of the $40/person options. We didn't have a problem meeting this because my DH decided to have the steak & lobster tail dinner. That alone was $30 (at least, might be a few bucks more), so with his meal, an appetizer, my meal (salmon that was $20), 2 glasses of wine, & a dessert that we shared we were just a hair over $80.

I'm not advocating getting hammered with your kids sitting there, but if you order a drink or two with your dinner, share appetizers, & maybe even get your dessert to go you should be fine I'm betting.

Maus
09-16-2006, 06:14 PM
Last year when we did this we dined at Hooks Pointe, which was one of the $40/person options. We didn't have a problem meeting this because my DH decided to have the steak & lobster tail dinner. That alone was $30 (at least, might be a few bucks more), so with his meal, an appetizer, my meal (salmon that was $20), 2 glasses of wine, & a dessert that we shared we were just a hair over $80.

This is exactly the same meal my daughter and I had last year!

animalx
09-16-2006, 09:01 PM
Thanks , very helpful, The sad thing is i'm bringing my wife so that's 160.00 but hey your i'm on vacation :)

kiwifuz
09-17-2006, 03:21 PM
This is exactly the same meal my daughter and I had last year!
Cool! :-D We really enjoyed our meal & the show. I have to say, $40/person or not it was totally worth it in my opinion.