PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland "A Magical Place, Where Dreams Come True"

Darkbeer
09-15-2006, 09:33 AM
Lisa and I attended the Flag Retreat last night, and at the end of the pre-recorded annoucement that is part of the ceremony, the tag line was (and I am paraphasing here a bit), We hope you enjoy the rest of your visit here at Disneyland, A Magical Place, Where Dreams Come True..."

So it looks like the Happiest Place on Earth has been put on the back burner for this new phrase.....

Opus1guy
09-15-2006, 11:06 AM
Marketing. Gotta love 'em. :(

Wonder how long before we have merchandise "blue-light specials" announced over Disneyland's public address system?

"We hope you've enjoyed this performance of Fantasmic here at Disneyland, A Magical Place, Where Dreams Come True. And now...have even more of your dreams come true with the fantastic limited time 20% Off Sale on all Disney Parks T-Shirts...and...Buy 3, Get 1 Free on all Disney baseball caps...now thru 11pm only...at The Emporium on Main Street U.S.A! So hurry! Supplies are limited. And enjoy the rest of your stay here at A Magical Place, Where Dreams Come True, and a proud part of Disney Parks...Disneyland!"

;)

DisneyDustin22
09-15-2006, 11:15 AM
I'm waiting for the big yellow smiley's for rollback pricing on Main Street. I think the ultimate shocker will come when you can buy Mickey ears AND a quart of Penzoil in the park.

Clotho
09-15-2006, 11:35 AM
OMG Opus!! That is HILARIOUS!!! Thanks for a big smile this morning!

tod
09-15-2006, 12:07 PM
Lisa and I attended the Flag Retreat last night, and at the end of the pre-recorded annoucement that is part of the ceremony, the tag line was (and I am paraphasing here a bit), We hope you enjoy the rest of your visit here at Disneyland, A Magical Place, Where Dreams Come True..."

So it looks like the Happiest Place on Earth has been put on the back burner for this new phrase.....

Coulda been worse...

Coulda been

"We hope you enjoy the rest of your visit here at a Disney Park™, A Magical Place, Where Dreams Come True...
'Disney Park™' is a registered trademark of The Walt Disney Company, used with permission. Copyright pending on the words 'magic,' 'magical,' 'dream,' and the phrase 'dreams come true.'"

--t

Monte Cristo
09-15-2006, 04:21 PM
I understand branding and marketing and all of that, but is it really necessary to cram the phrase into every single nook and cranny?

olegc
09-15-2006, 04:57 PM
I understand branding and marketing and all of that, but is it really necessary to cram the phrase into every single nook and cranny?

it is when the top dog of disney parks has made it known this new promotion is HIS idea and it WILL be successful - without complaint.

I think Rusolo is really Eisner in a rubber suit...

Another Dimension
09-15-2006, 07:24 PM
Disney roll back prices?!!?

Did everyone above bump their heads or did someone leave the gas on?

Disney prices go one way, up. ASAP.

Just like Disney's best and brightest creatives and talents go one way, away. ASAP.

:rolleyes: :(

Monte Cristo
09-16-2006, 02:38 PM
it is when the top dog of disney parks has made it known this new promotion is HIS idea and it WILL be successful - without complaint.

Shame. One announcement won't ruin our trip, but it's odd that they finish a year of ramming "tradition" and "memories" down our throats and then change a slogan so intertwined with the DL experience. Even before I'd ever stepped foot in DL, I was aware of the "Happiest Place On Earth" slogan.

talie95
09-17-2006, 01:46 PM
Disneyland will always be "The Happiest Place on Earth" to me no matter what new slogans they choose!

potzbie
09-17-2006, 07:46 PM
I am willing to compromise.

"... The happiest place on earth, sponsored by Hewlett-Packard, powered by Energizer, brought to you by Kodak!"

:confused: :crying: :confused: :crying:

jMom
09-17-2006, 08:06 PM

Wrong! They are all the pointy-haired boss, wearing different rubber suits as a disguise. I've worked for him when he was wearing a lady suit ;>!