PDA

View Full Version : Deluxe and Premium AP Price Increase on Disneyland.com

Mommy2NicknMax
09-15-2006, 08:19 AM
Anyone else notice the prices on these two passes went up on Disneyland.com (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/reserve/ticketListing?name=TicketListingPage)? PAP is now $359 and DAP is $239. I wonder how recent the increase is? We got our PAPs in April at the $349 price. I hope they don't go up again this year. But a $10 increase is not bad at all.

Crazy4DL
09-15-2006, 08:29 AM
. I wonder how recent the increase is? .

They had to be just this last month, because we got deluxe APs in August and they were $229.

Alex S.
09-15-2006, 08:30 AM
They were, so far as we know, as of this morning.

We're trying to get information on whether any other prices went up (this was a very quiet price increase; the first rumble we heard was yesterday afternoon).

MammaSilva
09-15-2006, 08:36 AM
I see the So Cals went up by $5.00 as well.

Mommy2NicknMax
09-15-2006, 08:41 AM
They were, so far as we know, as of this morning.

We're trying to get information on whether any other prices went up (this was a very quiet price increase; the first rumble we heard was yesterday afternoon).
Thanks Alex! I was just on there getting tickets for my parents visit and I noticed it today but I don't visit their site frequently so I was a little surprised.

Darkbeer
09-15-2006, 08:59 AM
One Day tickets went up $4

The Multi-Day tickets will go up January 3rd (announced last month)

Here is a summary...

Admission:

1-Day, 1 Park = $63 ages 10+, $53 ages 3-9, $61 Senior (Up $4)

1-Day Park Hopper = $83 ages 10+, $73 ages 3-9 (Up $4)

SoCal/Vons Resident 1-Day Hopper = $78 ages 10+, $68 ages 3-9 (Up $4)

Resort Parking:

Cars and Motorcycles = $11 (Up $1)
RV's, Limos = $13
Busses, Trucks = $18

Annual Passes:

SoCal Select AP = $124 (Up $5)
SoCal AP = $154 (Up $5)
Deluxe AP = $239, Renewal = $219 (Up $10)
Premium = $359, Renewal = $339(Up $10)
AP Parking Add-on = $59 (Up $10)

Mommy2NicknMax
09-15-2006, 09:19 AM
Thanks Darkbeer!

SoCalDisneyLover
09-15-2006, 01:20 PM
$10 for a pass here. $1 for parking there. Of course, there's no signs of inflation in this country.

Is it me, or has parking gone up like $4 in about 2 years. I remember it being around $7 in the not too distant past. We're not talking 5,10 or 20 years ago, this increase has been yearly and I guess they figure nobody will notice. Besides, what choice do they have. If they start charging $15 to park, will people keep paying it?

tod
09-15-2006, 01:33 PM
One Day tickets went up $4

The Multi-Day tickets will go up January 3rd (announced last month)

Here is a summary...

Admission:

1-Day, 1 Park = $63 ages 10+, $53 ages 3-9, $61 Senior (Up $4)

1-Day Park Hopper = $83 ages 10+, $73 ages 3-9 (Up $4)

SoCal/Vons Resident 1-Day Hopper = $78 ages 10+, $68 ages 3-9 (Up $4)

Resort Parking:

Cars and Motorcycles = $11 (Up $1)
RV's, Limos = $13
Busses, Trucks = $18

Annual Passes:

SoCal Select AP = $124 (Up $5)
SoCal AP = $154 (Up $5)
Deluxe AP = $239, Renewal = $219 (Up $10)
Premium = $359, Renewal = $339(Up $10)
AP Parking Add-on = $59 (Up $10)

Next July I don't think we'll be renewing our passes. That is just too much.

--t

DisneyDustin22
09-15-2006, 01:57 PM
Next July I don't think we'll be renewing our passes. That is just too much.

--t

I agree. And whose to say they won't go up yet again before next summer? While I've had a pass for many years now, it's gettting to the point where the luxury of being able to visit as you please isn't worth the strain on the wallet. Even the $63 is now getting a bit ridiculous. Disneyland may be the Happiest Place on Earth, but it sure doesn't make you happy when you return home and check your bank account. I just feel that the price to visit is starting to override the amount there is to do in the parks when you have to figure in food and souvenirs. Something has to start to give somewhere.

olegc
09-15-2006, 04:54 PM
I agree. And whose to say they won't go up yet again before next summer? While I've had a pass for many years now, it's gettting to the point where the luxury of being able to visit as you please isn't worth the strain on the wallet. Even the $63 is now getting a bit ridiculous. Disneyland may be the Happiest Place on Earth, but it sure doesn't make you happy when you return home and check your bank account. I just feel that the price to visit is starting to override the amount there is to do in the parks when you have to figure in food and souvenirs. Something has to start to give somewhere.

until people stop coming in such droves the prices will still go up. What I don't like is that so far the semi annual prices increases (I expect another one in either November, or january, or both) seem to be just across the board money grabs intentionally done small. No value has been added per se, and we know that DLRs costs can't be going up so much - they are not paying any competitive wages yet.

Gone2Disneyland
09-16-2006, 07:52 AM
I noticed the price increase when I pulled into the Mickey & Friends parking structure yesterday. I confirmed the rest when I looked at the signs over the Ticket booths. Coincidentally I'd bought SoCal APs for my family last week. Just wish my friend who'd been on the fence about buying APs made his decision then too. He has two little ones and his wife; this probably means he won't do APs now.

On a side note, us locals who can should pursue buying any remaining tickets they have at Employee Savings Tickets. I think they are still obligated to sell what stock they have at their current prices...?

www.employeesavingstickets.com

cstephens
09-16-2006, 08:28 AM
*blink* People pay for parking? *blink*

(Yes, I'm a brat.)

The price increase seems minimal. Yep, stuff gets more expensive all the time. It's still worth it to me.

olegc
09-16-2006, 10:12 PM
On a side note, us locals who can should pursue buying any remaining tickets they have at Employee Savings Tickets. I think they are still obligated to sell what stock they have at their current prices...?

www.employeesavingstickets.com

um - you need a passcode - and be employed by a member company - to be elligable.

mckygirl99
09-17-2006, 12:16 AM
Is it me, or has parking gone up like $4 in about 2 years. I remember it being around $7 in the not too distant past. We're not talking 5,10 or 20 years ago, this increase has been yearly and I guess they figure nobody will notice. Besides, what choice do they have. If they start charging $15 to park, will people keep paying it?

I think they will. We have paid up to 25.00 to park at concerts and sporting events so I think 11.00 is not too much and at least you get transportation to the front gates.

Darkbeer
09-17-2006, 06:52 AM
I think they will. We have paid up to 25.00 to park at concerts and sporting events so I think 11.00 is not too much and at least you get transportation to the front gates.

Well, the transportation depends where you park.

If you are sent to Pummba or Simba, there is no transporation, you are told to walk, and of course, they charge the same price.

olegc
09-17-2006, 11:03 AM

shhhh - they might start charging for that too!!!!

TP2000
09-17-2006, 11:10 AM
$10 for a pass here. $1 for parking there. Of course, there's no signs of inflation in this country.

There's a very big difference between the rate of inflation for commodities, goods and services for a region or a country, and a private business raising its prices as part of the supply and demand process that guides the American Free Enterprise system.

Disneyland raises its prices because it can. The parking lot is just as crowded this weekend as it was last weekend, and the extra buck they are now charging goes to their bottom line. And the lines at the ticket booths will be just as long this Columbus Day Weekend as they were in '05, and the ticket increases make the business of Disneyland more succesful.

If Disneyland had to raise ticket prices even with faltering attendance and a declining interest in their product from consumers because of increases in commodities prices used to create the product, than that is attributed to inflation. But a succesful business raising ticket prices based on historically strong demand in no way tied to commodities pricing is simply a succesful business acting to ensure it remains succesful and maximizes its profits. There's a difference.

mckygirl99
09-17-2006, 04:01 PM
Well, the transportation depends where you park.

If you are sent to Pummba or Simba, there is no transporation, you are told to walk, and of course, they charge the same price.

That's why I never park there!

kirstie_29
09-18-2006, 09:59 AM
We got our AP's on Thursday 9/14, and we paid the old price. New prices must have gone into effect on 9/15.