PDA

View Full Version : Is a Costco Package really cheaper?

higcat
09-15-2006, 07:21 AM
I'm looking at prices of a 4 night package at a Good Neighbour Hotel and 3 day tickets for Disneyland in November. Seems like Costco's prices are pretty comparible to what I've seen by booking everything seperately, and the Character Breakfast and Mickey's Toon Town entry seems like a bonus. Has anyone ever used Costco's Travel and if so, were you happy with what you paid for? Thanks.:)

Whittibo
09-15-2006, 08:01 AM
Make sure you check out GetAwayToday.com They have a 4th night free package going on. Might save you enough money to buy the character meal.

What I prefer about GetAwayToday is their cancellation policy. Costco's SUCKS. GetAway is pretty good. And we book out almost 2 months ahead of time, if someone gets sick or something unforeseen happens, I can cancel and only lose like $50 I think. With Costco, I think you lose it all unless you pay for the insurance.

stan4d_steph
09-15-2006, 09:08 AM
You might want to check out this previous thread: link (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=57189&highlight=costco). A search on Costco will also yield more info. :)

jennynoel
09-15-2006, 09:18 AM
I booked my upcoming trip through Costco. Costco just offers the same packages as Walt Disney Travel with slightly different "extras". So no, it's not really cheaper but you do get those "freebies" - character breakfast, mickey's toontown and a gift card - which made it worthwhile for us.

I think their cancellation policy is reasonable. And they are absolutely delightful to deal with on the phone - friendly, knowledgeable and they answer promptly.

I don't remember why I didn't want to book through getawaytoday - I think I was turned off by their web interface.

Devilwife
09-15-2006, 10:32 AM
I also booked on Costco.com for our trip in November. I really like the perks it came with. I wasn't aware at the time of the Getawaytoday.com website. If I had bee I would have booked it there. Same package was cheaper by like $200 but it didn't have the breakfast thing and gift card. I called costco and they won't do anything about the pricing. If you cancel your trip 60days prior there is a $100 cancellation fee, if it's only 30days before there is a $200 cancellation fee. So basically you lose your deposit. If you want to make changes after you've booked it's $75.00. I know better for next time but as the pervious posts state the are easy to deal with and very nice.
:)

50 More Days!!!!

rentayenta
09-15-2006, 12:27 PM
We booked through Costco this year too. It was the same price as WDTC but the $20 gc, free character breakfast for the 5 of us, and entrance into ToonTown Madness made it so worth it to us.

I have booked through GetAwayToday and seperately before but this Costco offered the best deal.