PDA

View Full Version : Help with Super 8 question

Abigail's Uncle
09-14-2006, 02:32 PM
Someone described a Super 8 near Disneyland to me as "a long block and a half" from the parks with a view of the fireworks. But I see there are 2 Super 8s close by.

I'm trying to figure out which one was being referred to and mapquesat isn't helping - anyone familiar with the motels in the area who can tell me which one fits the above description?

Thanks!!!!

DangerMouse
09-14-2006, 03:27 PM
Once again, Bret's map to the rescue!

http://www.geocities.com/ashpsyche/DisneylandLinkMap.html

Looks like Super 8 is in the top left corner. I wouldn't wanna walk it myself, but to each his own! :D

Abigail's Uncle
09-14-2006, 03:33 PM
thanks for posting this - however i can't tell if perhaps the description refers to the Super 8 on the lower right.

DangerMouse
09-14-2006, 03:35 PM
The hotels should distinguish themselves by address. Does one say "Disneyland Drive?" Looks like the other is either on Katella or Clemintine. Regardless, you're right, the one on the bottom right looks much closer, and within walking distance for some, just not for me.

Ok, so I edit a lot. . . . sorry. :)

Malcon10t
09-14-2006, 03:46 PM
They are both about the same walkig distance. The one on Katella is .93 miles and the one back by the Sheraton is .98 miles according to the g-maps pedometer.

mowsluver
09-14-2006, 04:17 PM
Lst year when we were going for a spur of the moment trip, we stayed at Super 8 on Katella. I was told that the one on Disney Way (or Drive or whatever it is) was not good.
We got a great rate and though the rooms were nothing special, they were clean and had brand new mattresses! It appeared as if the room had been painted (not a top of the line job), but it was quite comfy and once again...no bugs! The free' breakfast' wasn't much, but I took my own cup and got coffee and a doughnut. I enjoyed the hot tub and the pool. The front desk people were really nice. It is a bit of a walk, but we were taking our car so that wasn't a consideration for us.
There is a rooftop balcony but we never went up there to watch the fireworks so I can't comment on the view.

backsthepack
09-15-2006, 04:03 AM
The one on Disneyland Drive is a pain I think. You have to walk down Disneyland Drive, then go down Ball a ways and walk from there into the CM entrance. You have to climb the parking garage this leads you to the tram service. I hate taking the trams anyway but with this hotel you have to.