PDA

View Full Version : Big Cheerleading dates for 2007? February?

faithbaby
09-14-2006, 09:08 AM
We visited DLR last February over the President's Day Holiday weekend. We braved the crowds and had a great time. However, this year, we are planning to avoid the weekend (typical holiday dates of Friday Feb 16 - Monday Feb 19th) and visit Tuesday to Saturday. I know some have the whole week off, but hope the crowds will be a little less. Curious about Cheerleading groups. Isn't February the big time for that? Anyone know?

samkj
09-14-2006, 09:51 AM
There is nothing scheduled through the convention center during Feb. There are a few in March, but Feb looks to be clear. http://www.anaheimconventioncenter.com/events.cfm

http://www.usacamps.com/competitions.html

faithbaby
09-14-2006, 09:57 AM
Thanks so much for those links! Much appreciated. Whoo Hoo!

samkj
09-14-2006, 10:03 AM
No problem, I had a moment of panic when you mentioned cheerleading since we are going the same week! Although they are usually well behaved I don't want the added crowds.

faithbaby
09-14-2006, 10:28 AM
Honestly, I hadn't even considered a potential issue until I started researching this board again! I don't remember hearing anything about cheerleading last year, but it was out there. Since our main goal this year is to visit around the President's holiday (but not DURING it, like last year) I had a bit of a panic attack too when I discovered the cheerleading thing! I saw your ticker, but I'm too lazy to figure it out! What days are you going to be there?

samkj
09-14-2006, 10:39 AM
We'll be there Sat-Thursday. I would rather travel Monday-Sat, but we want to be there for our daughters birthday on the 17th. The trip is a surprise for the kids, so going on her birthday seemed the most fitting. Before our last trip I told her about all the surprise trips other people have done and she asked "why don't you ever surprise us?" So this time we are! It'll also be their first time flying just to add to the fun!

faithbaby
09-14-2006, 10:50 AM
How exciting! Have a wonderful trip! This will probably be her favorite birthday yet!

At first, I planned to arrive Tuesday evening (head out as soon as the kids get out of school) and spend W, Th and F in the parks and then come home Saturday, but since the kids have Monday off, maybe that will be our travel there day. What's one more day of missed school? Crowds or no, we'll have a blast!

My husband thinks I'm nuts for wanting to book this trip so far ahead, but I'm excited and want to get it all in order!

notabrady
09-14-2006, 11:02 AM
Just an FYI--

There are two spiritleading competitions scheduled in March. The smaller event (for youth squads), March 2-3, I believe will be held in DCA.

The larger competition (for the high schools) is scheduled for the weekend of March 23-24 at the Anaheim convention Center.

Darkbeer
09-14-2006, 11:07 AM
Note there are MANY different companies that plan and host Cheerleading/Spirit/Dance competitions, and it is hard to find a place that lists all the events....