PDA

View Full Version : Mothers Day @ DLR

LIMANDL4EVA
05-11-2002, 04:48 PM
Did anybody go last year?
What special things did they have going on?
How crowded was it?
And does any1 have predictions for crowds this year?

Pirate
05-11-2002, 05:27 PM
I also have crowd level curiousities fer Mum's Day?
How about the flow....crowded early/late?
thanx

tikiboy
05-11-2002, 06:09 PM
It's usually pretty crowded on Mother's day.

A special thing they do is just past the entry gates to both parks they have tables with carnations for the Moms. I believe that if the Mom's mom is deceased they wear a red flower, otherwise you wear white. Or vice versa, I can't remember.

But the crowds aren't going to stop me from taking my Mom there tomorrow!! :)

SzczerbiakManiac
05-11-2002, 11:02 PM
I hope they have a Mother's Day 2002 pin. But I'll find out tomorrow when I visit and let y'all know.

DCA had a Ground Hog's Day pin this year, a frikkin Ground Hog's Day pin, so they better have a Mother's Day pin! ;)

cstephens
05-12-2002, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by SzczerbiakManiac
I hope they have a Mother's Day 2002 pin. But I'll find out tomorrow when I visit and let y'all know.

According to Dizpins (http://www.dizpins.com/), a Mother's Day pin is being released on Sunday, May 12 only at the World of Disney with an edition size of 2000. The pin retails for $6.50 and shows Perdita and her pups from "101 Dalmatians". Mother's Day's pins tend to sell out immediately, so good luck.

tinkfreak
05-12-2002, 09:32 PM
The heat was awful today! But the crowds just weren't there, so if you could stand the heat, it would have been a good day to visit.

Uncle Dick
05-13-2002, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by cstephens

According to Dizpins (http://www.dizpins.com/), a Mother's Day pin is being released on Sunday, May 12 only at the World of Disney with an edition size of 2000. The pin retails for $6.50 and shows Perdita and her pups from "101 Dalmatians". Mother's Day's pins tend to sell out immediately, so good luck.
I got to the park today around 10 am, and the line for the Mother's Day pin stretch out of the 2nd door (counting from the east) all the way along the side of the building to right around the La Brea Bakery entrance.

And the heat was pretty bad, but I wasn't complaining at 11 pm when I was just chillin' in my shorts and t-shirt. I can't wait for the hot summer nights. Heck, right now I have my window wide open and I'm still a little sticky-hot.

SzczerbiakManiac
05-13-2002, 07:41 AM
I really don't understand the logic behind pin creation & marketing. They make several St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Valentine's Day and other "holiday" pins, (and let us not forget the illustrious Groundhog's Day pin!) but only one LE Mother's Day pin is made and it's limited to 2000 units. Would it not be more profitable for them to make the edition size at least a little larger? Surely they knew it would sell out within the first few hours. Or better yet, make more than one LE pin to commemorate the day so that a few more folks have an opportunity to get one and better still (from a legitimate business perspective), Disney makes more money?

I arrived at the resort at 8:00am (well, 7:15am, but that's another story) and the queue for the pin was just past the front of WoD. I considered waiting to get one, but the line was in the sun and I didn't feel like sweltering for two hours on an empty stomach. I just hope they go for a reasonable amount on eBay. (good luck, I know) :rolleyes:

MammaSilva
05-13-2002, 08:00 AM
if someone really wants one I just got my pin update from MouseShoppe and they have/had a few if you hurry ... and no paying Ebay prices either UGH

kranders
05-14-2002, 06:44 AM
We made it out for Mother's Day and had a great time, in spite of the heat. Funny thing was that we hit the World of Disney store on our way to check into the hotel at 3pm. We heard that only they had the Mother's Day pins and we walked right up to the cashier and bought 2. No waiting and plenty of pins left! I think people just assumed that they would be all sold out and didn't try in the afternoon.

stinkerbell
05-14-2002, 05:37 PM
Interesting reading this thread--just what every busy mom wants to do on Mother's Day--stand in line on a hot hot day to buy a little metal pin.......(who'm I kidding? If I was there I'd be doing it too!)