PDA

View Full Version : Collecting Fast Passes

kjhgarden
09-13-2006, 03:25 PM
I did a search on Fast Passes and found out some very valuable information. What I didn't find is what would be the best order to collect fast passes in the morning?

We are going to DLR on Friday the 13th of October so no EE that day. We plan to head straight to FL while Dh and I take turns being runner to collect FP for later in the evening. Around 10:30 we plan to head to DCA until it closes at 6 then return to DL.

In the morning 2 1/2 hours we are at DL we want to collect the most FP as possible. Anyone who has done this, have a good strategy? Also, could Dh and I both go to FL and ride Peter Pan and Dumbo then start collecting or would we miss out on important collecting time.

Bolivar
09-13-2006, 03:48 PM
The real experts will come and correct me, but the rides that have FP are:

Splash Mountain
Space Mountain
Indiana Jones
Autopia
Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin
Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blaster
Thunder Mountain

As you know, you won't be able to get a second FP until the beginning of the window for your current FP. By 10:30 I would think you could get three or four FPs. You need to decide which three or four you want.

SeansMom
09-13-2006, 03:52 PM
Ridemax will tell you which order to get them in.
OR
We've gotten them in the order of ride importance to our group
OR
We've gotten them in an order that didn't make sense but DID work: Example, if you have kids, get the Autopia fastpass first thing in the morning (resisting getting the fastpass for one of the mountains, even though that may be what you REALLY want to ride. You'll probably have a really short window of time before you are able to get the next one, then get a fastpass where the window of time will be longer, like Space Mountain. Alternate with other similiar rides, like Buzz Lightyear and Indy.

coronado_g
09-13-2006, 03:56 PM
The Fast Pass will have the next available time to collect another FP printed on the bottom. Be ready at your next FP choice at that very minute - collect - note next available time - repeat. It'll go pretty quickly and you'll be surprised how many FPs you can get your hands on.

Bytebear
09-13-2006, 04:05 PM
There are also FP circuits, the largest of them being Disneyland and California Adventure. This means that blockage of FP is per circuit. So you can get a FP in DL and DCA at the same time. There are sub-circuits in DL as well, but they change per season and day. There are some good articles on how it works, but of course we just ended the peak season and then end of the 50th so things may have changed. Does anyone know the circuits currently in the park?

ralfrick
09-13-2006, 04:22 PM
If you are among the first to get a FP, the return will be 8:40. You should be able to get another before 9:30. So you will be able to get at least 3 sets, if not 4 before 10:30. Roger Rabbit's FP machines aren't connected to the rest, so you can also get one for that. Autopia has not been doing FP every day.

So what you get first doesn't matter. If you can get to Buzz during the first hour, you can ride without a long wait, and that's probably true for BTMRR. Splash and Space FPs will go the quickest. If you're willing to ride alone, you can do single rider for Splash.

In August we got Indy at 9:33 and the return was 10:25. We got Splash at 8:51 and the return was 9:30. Even at 6:35 PM, the return for BTMRR was 7:15.On Buzz at 12:16, the return was 1:05

I'd get Space first, then try to ride Buzz right after FL. I'd then get Indy, followed by BTMRR. The return for BTMRR shouldn't be too far away, so you could then get Splash before leaving. Get the RR FP when you can. You can also easily get and use one for Buzz or BTMRR after returning, so if it's close in the morning, save getting the BTMRR until then.

Cheers.

silence
09-13-2006, 04:32 PM
What we did was this:

Since I knew we were just collecting them for later on in the evening, I wanted to get the ones that we would be able to "use" first right away, so we could collect more faster.

We got Indy first. Within 25 min. we were able to get Splash. Another 20 minutes and off to Buzz. Another 20 minutes and we got Space Mountain before we headed to DCA.

At the time, they were not using FP for Autopia or BTMR. We rode BTMR on the way from Splash to Buzz. At breakfast and rode pirates before we got Splash. Did Fantasyland before we got Space Mtn.

momtoo2
09-13-2006, 04:59 PM
If you are going with your children to DL I say at least ride Peter Pan and Dumbo and then go get the fastpasses. We are faced with this same dilemna when we go also since we want to do Fantasyland and get fastpassess! I find doing a few rides in FL and then getting FP works just fine.
We do this when we go...
Peter Pan
Dumbo
MTWR
Carrousel (my DH or I go get FP for Space at this point)
Tea Party (my DH hates round and round rides so this works well)
Meet up in line for Matterhorn (there is no Fast pass)
Then collect FP as able (we would do Buzz FP)
GO over and ride BTMR
FP Splash and then ride POC and HM
on way out grab Indy

I think it might work...everyone has certainly given great answers on this one!

HydroGuy
09-13-2006, 06:19 PM
See "Getting the Most Out of FastPass During High Season" section "Which FastPasses to Get When" http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=46202

Bolivar
09-13-2006, 06:30 PM
This isn't rocket science here. If you enter at 8:00 and leave at 10:30 you will be able to get three or four FPs. Get the three that are important to you and then the fourth if you can.

Darkbeer
09-13-2006, 08:25 PM
First off, let's list the FASTPASS available in mid-October in order of how I would get them...

Space Mountain

Buzz Lightyear

Indiana Jones (there is a chance the machines might be turned off)

Haunted Mansion Holiday

Splash Mountain

Big Thunder Mountain RR (if available, might be turned off, as they are only offered during busy days).

Grab a Roger Rabbit if you are in the area, it is a stand alone anyways, so it doesn't effect other FP's.

Autopia is not offering FP's due to the Sub Lagoon Construction.

As you can see, I am recommending you get them in order of where you are walking.... Go to Space, then walk back past BLAB towards Indy, then HMH, Splash then the rest.....

kjhgarden
09-13-2006, 08:39 PM
Thank you for all the great helps! I guess it really doesn't matter which I get first although if they have a faster return time I could get the next FP sooner then a later return time. I understand that if my return time is between 8:40 -9:40, I could get my next FP at 8:41, is that correct?

Thanks momtoo2, I wanted both Dh and I to ride Peter Pan and Dumbo with the kids but wanted to start collecting FP too. Glad to know it can be done.

About how long does it take for a single person to go from DCA to DL to get FP and back again? That could really help for our evening to collect a few more FP for DL while we were at DCA.

kjhgarden
09-13-2006, 08:42 PM
Hydroguy, thanks for the helpful link. That didn't come up when I did my earlier search.