PDA

View Full Version : Hotels [HoJo or Candy Cane Inn?]

lacey
09-13-2006, 02:13 PM
Going to Disneyland with my 22year old daughter from Oct 8-12. Wanted to stay at PPH but can't get a room for the 11th. My second options are the Howard Johnson or the Candy Cane Inn. Need some help on which is the best choice.:confused:

hlbtimes2
09-13-2006, 02:47 PM
My vote is for the candy cane. You'll get breakfast, which will save you a couple bucks and the shuttle can't be beat. They are also really good about letting you store your bags after you check out.

adriennek
09-13-2006, 02:50 PM
My vote is for the Howard Johnson. It's not as close as Candy Cane but they are a nice property with good rates.

Adrienne

Crazy4DL
09-13-2006, 02:51 PM
I have never stayed at the HoJo but did just stay 9 days at the Candy Cane Inn. We really enjoyed it and plan to stay there in the future.

The shuttle was great. Nice breakfast, kids enjoyed the pool, very pretty grounds and the staff was very pleasant to us. :)

OH! almost forgot the best part - the bed was VERY comfortable to us and we are old and have picky bodies. :p

Mark Mywords
09-13-2006, 03:18 PM
Go with the Candy Cane. It's a great hotel. Good rates, excellent breakfast and you don't have to worry about being kept up by freeway noise.

disneyroxxx
09-14-2006, 12:04 AM
candy cane inn! the beds are really comfortable, not like normal hotel beds, with the ugly comforters, these are very plushy and give you a good night's rest.

the pool there is fun, and the breakfast is good. very easy to get to disneyland, and very nice service. almost like the castmembers! and who can beat the name? its the best out of all the good neighbor hotels, in my opinion.

Leash81
09-14-2006, 06:35 AM
Candy Cane! I have never had a bad experience there, the beds are reakky comfortable, the rooms are really nice and the shuttle is great at the end of a long day. I really like that I don't feel like I have to "inspect" the room before we settle in because I am always confident that everything has been done to make the room nice, I can't say that about some of the other hotels I have stayed at.

hefferdude
09-14-2006, 06:41 AM
the beds are reakky comfortable

LOL. Soft but smelly ?:eek:

Really, both places are great. CC has the advantage of the Cont BF but HJ has the advantage of the pools. Rates are comparable.

jrsharp21
09-14-2006, 06:44 AM
I would say go for either one. Either one is a great choice. The HoJo rooms are probably a bit bigger than the CCI rooms. I would say the walk is almost the same. The only difference is that that the CCI is on the same side of the street as DL and CCI has a very convenient shuttle to DL also.

hefferdude
09-14-2006, 06:47 AM
HJ Anaheim has a link to download the room layouts in pdf which is helpful.

ZoZo
09-14-2006, 02:05 PM
I know that the Candy Cane Inn also has its own dedicated shuttle, not shared with other hotels. Not sure about HoJos, but I think it might have a shared shuttle.

jenmclions
09-14-2006, 06:28 PM
Twelve of us stayed at HoJo's over last christmas period and we found it excellent. Lots of space in the rooms, great pools, great shop on site, excellent service, friendly staff, neat grounds, delicious food across the road at Mimis and we (7 adults and 5 children) all found the walk from Disneyland easy with plenty of footpath space and lights to cross at.

Rhiannon8404
09-14-2006, 06:42 PM
The only place we stay if we aren't staying on propery is the Candy Cane Inn. We like the breakfast, the pool, the shuttle, the staff, everything. And I don't think it's really too far to walk. We usually end up walking even though there is a shuttle. Oh, and I'm really picky about beds and I sleep just fine there. We are booked for 4 nights for this November.

ghoofie
09-15-2006, 08:08 PM
Never stayed at HoJo's there. But we stay at the 'Cane and ONLY the 'Cane. I just spent 4 nights there for a business trip. It was like being home with old familiar faces... It's the best.

doombuggy driver
09-15-2006, 08:13 PM
I vote for the Candy Cane Inn. It is beautiful and the free shuttle is great, plus HoJo does not have a continental breakfast.