PDA

View Full Version : DLR hotels Grand Californian Hotel vs. Paradise Pier

SDMom
09-13-2006, 09:01 AM
We had the great pleasure, (at great expense of course $340/night), of staying at the GCH before labor day. I found the bed very comfortable and the airconditioning quiet and efficient - these are two things that are very important to my sleep quality. :D

I'm wondering if the beds/aircon systems are the same in the PP. Does anyone have experience with both hotels?

Not to be too picky, but I find that good sleep = happy mom!

Pat-n-Eil
09-13-2006, 10:46 AM
Ok.. cost aside, I can totally relate to having a nice, cool, comfortable bed.

In the past 3 years I have stayed at each hotel. My wife and I agree that the beds at the Grand Californian are the most comfortable beds we've ever slept in. That includes hotels, home, wherever.

The DLH suite I stayed in last March also had comfortable beds.

I recall Paradise Pier being fine and the beds were not uncomfortable but not as comfortable as the GCH.

It's kind of like when you decorate, you sometimes do something that people don't notice that you did.. but would notice if you hadn't done it.

Bottom line equation for us is: GCH = Comfortable

Goosegirl
09-13-2006, 11:16 AM
We stayed at the PPH in July, during the heat wave. The beds were not uncomfortable but were rather damp. Because it was so hot, the air conditioning couldn't really keep up with the humidity. Also, the window had a whole lot of moisture on it so it was rather murky to see out of. I don't remember the air conditioner being loud.

So in cooler temps, I don't see this as being a problem.

SDMom
09-13-2006, 11:58 AM
Thank you for the info. I think we will book the PP since I read they have a 2 queen with a daybed option. Now that I think about it I recall a slight musty smell in the GCH during August, but oh that bed was comfortable. ;)

leota's necklace
09-13-2006, 02:20 PM
I've slept on that PP daybed and can vouch for its quality. I slept like a rock.

The regular beds are fine, too. :)

rentayenta
09-13-2006, 03:13 PM
I have slept at the PPH in the summer and winter and remember no issues.