PDA

View Full Version : Park Vue Inn

jrsharp21
05-11-2002, 08:32 AM
Hey has anyone ever stayed there or have any comments about the Park Vue Inn? I am gonna shoot down to Disneyland on july 5th through 7th from Northern Cali and I was looking for a hotel nearby with a low rate. This one seems to be perfect. But I also dont want to stay in a dirty room. Any info will be helpful. Thanks all!

MouseWife
05-11-2002, 09:24 AM
I am not sure if this is the one I didn't like, do a search for it and other hotels. I think this is the one that got bad reviews.

Make sure and see if it has a web page you can check out. And, check on this site under travel, I do believe it lists hotels by Disneyland.

Have fun!

Nfatuated
05-11-2002, 09:27 AM
I stayed at the Park Vue in March. I never will agian. First off the rooms are terrible, you get what you pay for. Secondly I had a problem with my billing that took me three weeks to straighten out with the management. Their customer service is by far the worse I have encountered. I had contacted the manager at least 12 times by either email or phone. It took a threat of me going to the BBB before they helped me. If you are looking for cheap may I suggest Carousel, Desert Inn, or Candy Cane. I hope this helps in your decision

MouseWife
05-11-2002, 09:44 AM
Okay, so this is the place I almost stayed at.

It was a very cold winter, plus a windy day. We had held the room with a credit card. Sure great rates, we thought it would be fabulous {ad sounds great}.

As we are waiting to be checked in and get out keys, and I had gone out to talk to the hubby at the van, a woman comes to load up her vehicle. She looks at us and says 'Do yourself a favor, leave!!! This place is dirty! There are roaches, came back last night to sleep and there were roaches on the bed!! And, the heater doesn't work!! They tell you it does but it doesn't!! Go! Stay anywhere else!! The Motel-8! Anything is better than this!!!'

So, of course, we were skeptical. Since we had made our reservations, we went and looked at the room they had for us. It didn't look like something that I would like to stay in with my infant and two kids. It just wasn't 'finished' to me.

We told them we didn't want to stay there and we had to pay for one nights accomadations since it was held with the card {who knows, probably we could have gotten out of it, I can't remember what time we were supposed to cancel by}. Went to the Days Inn. That was also in the coupon book and it was clean and nice.

What really scared me were the roaches {yuck!!} and the heater not working. I didn't want my baby to get sick AND I was worried about carbon monoxide poisoning. Not a worry right now but in December, yes.

I remember a thread with a lot of other complaints about this place.

Can anyone remember the thread about good hotels?

BELLEH5
05-11-2002, 11:40 AM
Oh Great I'm staying at this hotel next week May 17-23. Is it really that bad??? Help, if it is what you guys say it is then I'm gonna hurry up and book another hotel asap!! thankx*o*

jrsharp21
05-11-2002, 11:45 AM
Thanks guys. I guess I wont be staying there!

Nfatuated
05-12-2002, 05:38 PM
Sorry BELLH5, it really is that bad. The management could care less about its guest. To them you are a customer and that is not right in the hotel buisness. Ohh one more thing. When I was trying to reach the manager I called on their 800 number and they would tell me to call back long distance and I cant speak to a manager toll free. I am a reservation dept supervisor at amajor hotel on the strip, and anytime a guest has a problem we encourage them to call back toll free. Are you an AP holder? I am going th 20th-23rd of may and got a $99 rate at the disneyland hotel. Look into it. have a great trip