PDA

View Full Version : There's the castle--Where's Sleeping Beauty?

justagrrl
05-11-2002, 06:52 AM
So, with all this talk about Sleeping Beauty Castle it got me to thinking.... I don't think I've ever come across Sleeping Beauty. Is she there with the other princesses and I just haven't seen her?

merlinjones
05-11-2002, 07:17 AM
Princess Aurora is definitely seen around her kingdom at times (but not as often as Snow White, Cinderella and Belle), presumably because she naps more often than the others.

She can be found in the Parade on a regular basis, her current costume sort of a combo pink/blue evoking lavender.

They should make the Castle walk though into a meet and greet where you find Aurora in her bedroom at the top of the staircase (with pix to take and sell resulting in potential revenues, maybe this could actually happen).

Briar Rose, however, has not been seen for quite a few years now... that would be cool.

zapppop
05-11-2002, 08:47 AM
Princess Aurora can be seen Sunday mornings to the right hand side of the castle just south of the Snow White wishing well.

I've seen her there everytime I go to the MP Sunday Brunch Meet.

EandCDad
05-11-2002, 09:23 AM
Actually, we go generally during the week and all 4 princesses, Belle, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, and Snow White are stationed in front of the castle on either side. The other place you may find her is at the princess story time in the Tinker Belle toy shop. Check in the toy shop to see when (and if) she will tell her story.

blusilva
05-11-2002, 12:26 PM
I didn't even realize they had a Princess Aurora until last year. Was she out of vogue for a while, or was I just not there at the right times? She's my favorite princess and I always thought it sucked that her castle was there and that I never saw her in "real life". (Merlinjones - ha! on the napping!)

I also never saw the Malificent character until very recently - and then, only once. She's somethin'! Is she out much?

zapppop
05-11-2002, 01:51 PM
The Sleeping Beauty characters didn't appear in the park very often until the VHS re-release in 1997.
There's a time to sleep and there's a time to sell some home videos. ;)

justagrrl
05-11-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by blusilva

I also never saw the Malificent character until very recently - and then, only once. She's somethin'! Is she out much?

Oh Yes! Isn't she wonderful! I wish they'd have more of a variety of characters more often. I saw someone with her "hat" thing on one day and thought it would be great to have...although my husband thinks I'm out of my mind and cringes at the very thought at me ever buying it - lest I actually wear it and he be around to be embarrased by it. ha ha ha

Sonya in Boise
05-11-2002, 08:37 PM
I would think they would have the princesses out more often now that they are marketing the "Disney Princesses" on everything. My 3 year old daughter just had the "Princess" birthday party, has 5 of the shirts, many posters of them all, and had to have the new party favors (plates, napkins, cups, table cloth, center pieces, goody bags, necklaces...need I go on) at her birthday party. ;)

They also keep adding different "Princesses" to the mix. At first it was just the older ones (Arora, Cinderella, Snow White and Belle), but every so often they put a different one in with those (Jasmin, Pocahontis, Arial, and most recent Princess Ada). I bing the sucker......er good mother that I am, just keep updating the collection (with Grandma's help). Oo and did I mention that the newest had to have item was princess undies.

And now I see in the Disney Store catalog that they have a "Villian" snow globe. Do I smell a different marketing approach coming soon?? :D

Anyway, back on topic....I hope the princess craze keeps going when we are there in Oct. My dd (and I) would be very sad if her "girls" weren't to hug her.
Sonya :)

WDWalways
05-13-2002, 05:51 AM
Ironically, the only time I have ever seen Sleeping Beauty/Princess Aurora is at the Cinderella's Royal Table Character Breakfast at WDW's Magic Kingdom in Cinderella's Castle.

Gemini Cricket
05-13-2002, 07:36 AM
I've seen Princess Aurora several times @ DL. Each time I have seen her, her costume looks dusty and faded. Her costume could use some refurbishing.

Then again, I'd hate to see that poor CM surrounded by green walls while they sewed her dress... :D

Witches of Morva
05-13-2002, 08:47 AM
ORWEN: Hello, ducklings! Since SLEEPING BEAUTY has always been my own personal favorite Disney movie--after THE BLACK CAULDRON, of course--I feel I'm an expert on the subject. Princess Aurora was hardly ever seen at Disneyland until 1984 during the rededication to the New Fantasyland. I was so happy to see her out with Prince Phillip and the 3 good fairies at that time. Then, she disappeared until Christmas of 1985, when she and the rest of her 'family' were featured quite prominently in the Christmas parade. After that, you didn't see her very often until 1986, when her video came out. She and Phillip continued making regular appearances all through 1987 when Snow White's Golden Anniversary was taking place. The only thing I disliked about seeing my favorite princess was the way they did her costume. She wore this filmy blue dress with a gold lemae peplum around the waiste and it didn't really look like what she wore in the film. Therefore, many guests didn't recognize her. All throughout the nineties, she kep making appearances in the park but not as often as other princesses. By the year 2000, she got a new, updated costume that finally resembled what she wore in the animated film. Now she seems to be out quite often. But Prince Phillip isn't easy to find. Oh, well, maybe SOME day, her prince will come.....back......

mad4mky
05-13-2002, 01:25 PM
We've seen her...we have pictures of her in her BLUE dress with our children on several different trips down.

She was beautiful as any princess should be!:D I thought her dress was lovely. Maybe they've given her a new one since GC had seen her...?:confused: But, that dress sure looked hot to wear...:(

Mouse
05-13-2002, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Gemini Cricket
I've seen Princess Aurora several times @ DL. Each time I have seen her, her costume looks dusty and faded. Her costume could use some refurbishing.

Then again, I'd hate to see that poor CM surrounded by green walls while they sewed her dress... :D

LOL! Green walls! I can just see her standing there patiently in her little green wall circle.

I agree that Aurora is not as flashy as any of the other princesses, that's for sure. (My little chart:

Most Extravagant..........................Least Extravagant*

Belle > Cinderella > Snow White > Aurora)

But I would hardly say she is dusty! :p

*IMO