PDA

View Full Version : Good Neighbor Hotels

wifeofbedo
09-12-2006, 02:27 PM
We are planning a trip for July 2007, :D :D (OK, I'm excited already)
and in looking at the hotels along the strip in front, some are classified as a "Good Neighbor Hotel" (like the Carousel) and others are not (like the Park Vue Inn). Is there a benefit to staying at a GNH or is it a gimmick? I do realize the GNH's sell passes at a slightly cheaper rate, but is there anything else? Being from Canada, we can purchase our passes here a little cheaper anyway, so if that is the only thing that makes them better it is of no consequence to us. Would love to hear experiences from others as to where to stay, and should we choose a "Good Neighbor" or not?

Many thanks!

adriennek
09-12-2006, 02:31 PM
Personally, I would make my decision based on reviews of properties over the GNH marketing thing. We have a number of hotel reviews by readers here (http://www.mouseplanet.com/reviews) and people often post trip reports on this forum that comment on hotels, too. I don't know if any of the properties I like are considered GNH's, to be truthful!

Adrienne

kikid
09-12-2006, 02:47 PM
Mouseplanet reviews, and Tripadvisor.com....I never book without them;)

mommy-san
09-12-2006, 03:53 PM
I am also from Canada... please tell me how we can get our passes cheaper here? Pretty please? Oh and on topic, i love hojo.... good neighbour hotel or not. Great pools, clean rooms, beautiful grounds. No frills, but no complaints either.

wifeofbedo
09-12-2006, 08:15 PM
Thanks for all your replies...and the link from adriennek too!
If you go to any BCAA travel agency you can buy them cheaper than at Disneyland ticket booths or online sales.
mommy-san, I see you are from Alberta, so I guess you won't have BCAA....I had a friend purchase them from Thomas Cook Travel as well. Just ask any travel agent and they should be able to get you some tickets, or know where you can go. It isn't a huge savings, but every little bit helps. For example a 4day pass was going for 199 USD, but she got it for 185 CAD from the TA.

hefferdude
09-12-2006, 09:06 PM
We're from No. Santa Barbara County ( Lobotomy by the bay ) and have been HUGE Hojo fans for 20 years now. Interesting big Aussie following. ( grew up in NJ ) Great people mate! Two very nice pools for the July 2007 weather too. Can't go wrong here.:)

blz38
09-13-2006, 06:07 AM
I live in the san diego area just south around an hour or more. My daughter and I go often to disneyland and cal. adv. Almost all the good neighbor motels are good. Like the howard johnson, I heard from other people they enjoyed it there. I stayed at the Holiday Inns . They offer nice rooms at a good price . I stayed at the paradise pier hotel and a few bestwesterns. If you plan to go to the parks and spend little time in the rooms, which is what we do, I suggest the good neighbors. The disney hotels are almost double the price. I prefer to stay at the holiday Inns . They are a walk , but for about 9 dollars a week you can buy ART(i think that is what it is called) pass . ART is a bus service that only goes from a few hotels to disneyland. The ART does stop at other hotels but usually only 4 or 5. The pass can be used as many times as you wish so you go back as much as you like.