PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks when the castle is tarped

Pages : [1] 2

David&Emmy's Mom
09-12-2006, 11:32 AM
Reading on a competing website that the castle will be tarped from Oct 2 until right before Thanksgiving for crown removal and repainting, I am wondering if fireworks go off as usual when the castle is tarped? Anyone remember when the castle was tarped previously to the 50th kick-off, if there were still fireworks?

dohgusgus
09-12-2006, 08:43 PM
Reading on a competing website that the castle will be tarped from Oct 2 until right before Thanksgiving for crown removal and repainting, I am wondering if fireworks go off as usual when the castle is tarped? Anyone remember when the castle was tarped previously to the 50th kick-off, if there were still fireworks?

Tarped??? What? I'm going early november, i hope its not!!!

christina
09-12-2006, 08:48 PM
Please say it isn't so......... I'll be there in late October. :(

nvmom
09-12-2006, 08:55 PM
Why can't they leave the crowns on???? We LOVE the crowns.

nvmom

Mickey
09-12-2006, 11:03 PM

Yes. Fireworks do go as usual. And as for the "crown removal" I saw when they were installed on May 5th around 1:00am. I was there with media partners and the crowns were installed quickly , the acces to the "hub" was blocked but main street was open for media people with cocktails and more and I was looking from the train station when they were installing the crowns. They don't need to tarp it for crown removal but if they re-paint it will be tarped. I hope they get ride of the "pink" color and make it much more generic. I would like it a nice blue as it was before probably blue and a little more colors.
But yes the fireworks do go as usual sorry for the people who will be there and will not have a chance to see the castle:(

I Heart Disneyland!
09-12-2006, 11:41 PM
Okay, can any CM confirm that they won't be removed until Thanksgiving? I'll be there the week PRIOR to Thanksgiving!!!! :mad:

jennynoel
09-13-2006, 06:03 AM
I thought I read a post here a few weeks ago with some convincing evidence (including the word of a CM) that the castle would not be tarped because they only do that for painting and they are not planning to re-paint.

Am I nuts? Can anybody help me out with a link? I remember be SO excited that the castle would be visible during my trip!

-Jenny

LostBoy02
09-13-2006, 06:22 AM
Wow i really hope not. I have a trip planned the second week in Nov and it just wont be the same without seeing the Castle in all its glory.

Another Dimension
09-13-2006, 06:52 AM
A few times during the 'tarped castle' months the SBC did fire pyro from the sides, but not towards the front (as with Imagine), a few times it did not fire at all, but the show was otherwise unchanged. Even the no-Tink edited soundtrack/shortened shows.

Disneyland discretion I guess.

But a few different fireworks shows over time have gone off without a hitch, with the SBC being tarped.

Some in City Hall are saying one thing and some on rumors sites are saying conflicting info as to whether SBC will be tarped in Oct or Nov at all.
Nothing official from Disneyland, as of yet.

friendlypixie
09-13-2006, 10:55 AM
I hope they dont repaint the castle i like that its more bright and that the stones are that purple/pink glittery color. I think its a lot nicer than what it was before although its been awhile since the castle has been without the crowns so its kind of hard too remember the way it was. I dont think that it makes much sense for them to repaint it, theres no reason. They just painted it a year ago why would they do it again just because its slighlty different than before. It seems that it would cost a lot of money. Oh well i guess theres nothing i can do about it if they do paint it again.

Bolivar
09-13-2006, 01:22 PM
Here is how it looked in April of 2005. This was after it was painted for the 50th, but before the crowns were installed. (that's my daughter with the fuzzy ears)
http://www.bvnsp.com/castle.JPG

eds905
09-13-2006, 06:46 PM
I have been reading on Disney's websites about the "Year Of a Thousand Dreams" and it sounds to me like they are going to go with a new color. The reason I say this is because the new logo is blue and silver as are the "Dream Granter" costumes. The way they describe the costumes sounds like the costumes that the castmembers wore during the parade of the stars while leading guest down the street.

nightdesigns
09-13-2006, 07:44 PM
I was there with media partners and the crowns were installed quickly , the acces to the "hub" was blocked but main street was open

Mickey, you must have been right by me. These were taken at 12:19a and 12:27a (Sorry they're a little wide)

http://www.liquidboxes.net/dland/IMG_1927.JPG

http://www.liquidboxes.net/dland/IMG_1936.JPG

It only took them a few hours to put them on. They'll come down in less time.

eds905
09-13-2006, 07:45 PM
Are u a CM?

nightdesigns
09-13-2006, 07:47 PM
Are u a CM?

Media

SeansMom
09-13-2006, 07:55 PM
Media

Cool pics,thanks for posting them.

PicoEd
09-13-2006, 08:53 PM
There changing the color again???

Disneymademoiselle
09-13-2006, 09:23 PM
I really hope they keep the castle the color that it is and just remove the 50 and the crowns. When I look at pictures of the castle before the 50th it looks bland. Mind you, this opinion is coming from a girl who is absolutely in love with the splendor of 50th version;)

Pat-n-Eil
09-14-2006, 07:20 AM
I have been reading on Disney's websites about the "Year Of a Thousand Dreams" and .....

Isn't that the "Year of a Million Wishes"?

Another Dimension
09-14-2006, 07:59 AM
I have been reading on Disney's websites about the "Year Of a Thousand Dreams" and .....

Isn't that the "Year of a Million Wishes"?

Jay Rasulo, is doing, such, a great, job!

http://www.geocities.com/ocse_1/SMILES/rotfl2.gif

dznyphreak
09-14-2006, 05:48 PM
I'm afraid neither of you are right. "Year of a Million Dreams"
Hope that clears things up.

I Heart Disneyland!
09-14-2006, 06:17 PM
Mickey, you must have been right by me. These were taken at 12:19a and 12:27a (Sorry they're a little wide)

http://www.liquidboxes.net/dland/IMG_1927.JPG

http://www.liquidboxes.net/dland/IMG_1936.JPG

It only took them a few hours to put them on. They'll come down in less time.

VERY cool shots.

PicoEd
09-15-2006, 04:47 PM
I really hope they keep the castle the color that it is and just remove the 50 and the crowns. When I look at pictures of the castle before the 50th it looks bland. Mind you, this opinion is coming from a girl who is absolutely in love with the splendor of 50th version;)
Well a lot of people believe that the current colors are great and personally i want those crowns and colors to stay.

Another Dimension
09-15-2006, 07:34 PM
SBC does look better than ever (except for the dent). I don't see why Disney would want to go back the drab looking, zero highlights, plain old look of SBC of the past.

It's not like the SBC was embarassed with a tacky cake or gaudy and fake mirror or something equally as cheesy..
The 50th improved and enhanced the look, magic, prestige and effect of Sleeping Beauty Castle.

cstephens
09-16-2006, 08:31 AM
I like the crowns, but they were for the 50th, so I think they need to go. Otherwise, it would be like a bride who continues to wear her wedding dress, years after the wedding is over, simply because she looks good in it.