PDA

View Full Version : Kids Meal Lunch Boxes

Pages : [1] 2

DopeyWife
09-12-2006, 08:59 AM
Does anyone know how many different colors those plastic Munch. Inc. Kids Meal lunch boxes came in?

potterphreak
09-12-2006, 10:12 AM
The ones I have:
Gold, purple, teal and red. Those are the only ones I ever saw. I am soooo sad they discontinued these!

evrythngwmn
09-12-2006, 12:41 PM
I have green, yellow, brown, purple and teal. Certain locations are still giving the brown Goofeteer box.

Bolivar
09-12-2006, 02:11 PM
I always felt so wasteful throwing those away and pictured them sitting a land fill a thousand years from now. And the kids would whine and want to keep them, but of course they wouldn't carry them. So, I would be stuck toting these plastic boxes around the park and back home, only to have them sit in the back of a closet until I finally threw them away a year later.

I'm glad to see them go.

DopeyWife
09-12-2006, 03:09 PM
I have green, yellow, brown, purple and teal. Certain locations are still giving the brown Goofeteer box.

I have these same colors. I wish they still had them. I would love to get the other colors I don't have, like red. I use them for storing toys and crayons for my daughter. She loves them.

hickorydickory
09-12-2006, 03:52 PM
Are these boxes that come with kids meals or something?

potterphreak
09-13-2006, 07:43 AM
Hickory

These are boxes that USED to come with the kids' meals. Alas, they no longer do,

hickorydickory
09-13-2006, 07:49 AM
:( Thanks potterphreak.

hlbtimes2
09-13-2006, 08:44 AM
The only color we ever got was brown (kind of a copper color). We kept a few, and tossed a bunch! Add me to the list of people happy to see them leave. It wouldnt be bad if you were there for a day and got a couple, but a 3,4,5 day trip they really pile up.

Rhiannon8404
09-13-2006, 08:54 AM
We have lime green, purple and orange. We had a brown one, but it got ruined in the dishwasher.

backsthepack
09-13-2006, 09:36 AM
We have tons of orange and tons of purple. Too many to count.

ima_mickeyfan
09-13-2006, 09:47 AM
I always felt so wasteful throwing those away and pictured them sitting a land fill a thousand years from now. And the kids would whine and want to keep them, but of course they wouldn't carry them. So, I would be stuck toting these plastic boxes around the park and back home, only to have them sit in the back of a closet until I finally threw them away a year later.

I'm glad to see them go.

I donated ours to my children's school teachers and they gave them out as incentives, we also use ours in the van to hold crayons, markers and such, it's nice that the boxes open and lay flat on the seat..

so are they totally getting rid of these? what are they replacing them with if they do?

Barbossa
09-13-2006, 10:04 AM
DD and DS ended up using their (many) plastic lunchboxes as blocks. :)

rakkwhite
09-13-2006, 11:34 AM
I believe we had one in black. It's been such a long time ago though, I'm not 100% sure. Maybe someone can verify.

Rhiannon8404
09-13-2006, 12:09 PM
Our 3 currently hold the following:

Orange: flash cards

Lime green: "to go" crayons, so we're not lugging the whole huge basket of them

Purple: sea shells

mickeygirl99
09-13-2006, 01:35 PM
Hi,
I had read that they were discontinuing these boxes awhile ago , but when we went at the park in July, our kids got them with their meals.

We ate at the Hungry Bear Restaurant.....

Just fyi in case they still have them. :D

eds905
09-13-2006, 06:40 PM
I thought I saw someone with some at White Water Snacks two weeks ago, but then again, I order my stuff to eat there so they don't give me the boxes. I'll be going friday so I will check then.

if you want to know where White Water Snacks is, send me and email. (eds905@gmail.com)

evrythngwmn
09-13-2006, 08:25 PM
Some locations still have the bronze/brown Goofeteer boxes. That's the only type of the hard plastic boxes left.

ima_mickeyfan
09-14-2006, 07:05 AM
what are they replacing them with????????????

I love those boxes, my kids do 2
they make good souviners for pre-schoolers to give their friends, just have mickey or another to autograph them....

evrythngwmn
09-14-2006, 08:34 AM
They have been replaced with a cardboard lunch box. There's info and a picture in the July 10 (http://mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=dl060710xx)park update.

ima_mickeyfan
09-14-2006, 09:45 AM
I can't get the article to show up...

adriennek
09-14-2006, 10:13 AM
I loved these and miss them terribly.

We have: Black (Those are at least 2 years old,) teal, copper/gold and purple.

We use them for crayon boxes. Each boy had a special one for long car trips. I have one that has my "good" washable markers for homework use only. Last Christmas we collected as many as we could. I filled them with crayons, pencils, pencil sharpeners, etc. I paired each with a coloring book and we donated them to a home for orphans. I had planned on doing the same this year until they discontinued them.

They were GREAT. I had lots of other ideas for them, too.

Adrienne

evrythngwmn
09-14-2006, 05:34 PM
I can't get the article to show up...

hmm, worked when I clicked it. Either way go to the Disneyland Park Updates and bring up the July 10th edition.

ADK:cool: I know Hungry Bear is still using them and so is Taste Pilots. I'll try and make note and see who else has them.

ima_mickeyfan
09-14-2006, 05:46 PM
I saw the post, and am very disappointed about the new boxes...bummer

Pirate Princess
09-14-2006, 08:53 PM
We have blue (Home on the Range) and brown/copper left. Not sorry to see them go. I always threw them out/recycled either at the park or at home. Too hard to tote around the park all day (with remnants of ketchup, grease, and junk inside) and I can only use so many containers. I always felt like it was such a waste of plastic.